PDA

View Full Version : I can't blame this on the forum

Petal
14-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Ok, now I know we sometimes all get a bit distracted by our lovely forum, but I definitely can't blame the forum on my latest burnt offering. =:-O Its a real shame I didn't take a piccie of what I'd burnt, but here's a piccie of the microwave!

BTW, it was a home made apple crumble, that I decided to put into the combi microwave for the first and last time. It was supposed to have a lovely browned topping, but when I noticed a 'burnt' smell after only 1 minute of cooking, I thought... that's not right, opened the door and discovered flames =:-O

So the phrase "what are you burning tonight" is rather more common in my household than usual:-"

oh, we did laugh at that one...

xx

MuranoSilver
14-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Oh my goodness thank goodness you noticed in time....
so did you manage to rescue the pie? ;)
nicx

Petal
14-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I must admit, joking aside, I'm really glad I was in the kitchen when the thing was 'cremating' - 'cos sometimes I do put things in the MW and go upstairs for a bit of reading on our forum. No the pie was definitely not rescuable - it was a black encrusted crumble and swiftly went into the bin!

xx

Di Sandland
14-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Oh dear - and I thought you were joking when you said you had to go rescue your latest burnt offering! :X

Petal
14-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I've given myself a bit of a reputation here... I'm not that bad usually - honest!

xx

Charlotte
14-10-2009, 11:09 AM
:soapbox:Microwaves are evil, I refuse to buy one! Insert the slightest bit of fat or sugar and the things go crazy.

My housemate back in uni days burnt some popcorn and we could still smell it months later!

Glad you are ok, shame about the homemade crumble!

bustagasket
14-10-2009, 11:27 AM
omg! I thought i was good at burning stuff on the stove or in the oven, but i have never burnt anything in a microwave, but then your s was a combi oven so i think that i had best steer clear of those lol. So pleased you caught it before it got out of hand tho hun []

Mystic
14-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh dear Jules, what a shame. I know how you feel, one time I forgot I had put a cake in the oven on a low heat, but I went out to town for a while:eek:
When I got back, all I could do was to give my ginger cake a decent burial. As long as you are fine and the microwave has no lasting problems, then everything good.