PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Sweden!

SilverBlueberry
14-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Hi everyone! I'm an amateur jewelry artist from Sweden and found this forum when I was ordering supplies.

I currently work mostly with precious metal clay, but I'm in the middle of a course in silversmithing and I definitely want to continue with that too. I love the textures you can make with metal clay, and I also love to use precious and semi-precious stones. Check out my Etsy shop to see my jewelry (seller: SilverBlueberry).

Besides jewelry making I would normally work as a scientist (biochemist) but as a lot of others the economic crisis hit the company I was working for hard and now I'm looking for jobs. It's good to have a positive creative hobby while doing that. :)

Esmeralda

bustagasket
14-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Woot welcome to the forums!! We are certainly starting int attract our international friends now and its just wonderful!

Sound like you will have lots to contribute gonna go take a peep at your work now :D :~:

Petal
14-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi Esmeralda and :welcome: to our forum. OOh your'e from Sweden.. nice to have another member from abroad, we've already got some members from Atlanta Georgia, but Sweden is a first! Lucky you, being on a silversmithing course, you'll have to tell us all about it. ;)

I had a quick look on your etsy shop and your necklaces, especially, have lots of texture, which I like. Looking to hearing from you.

xx

mizgeorge
14-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Hej Esmerelda, och välkommen från mig också :)

(älskar smultron halsband!)

bustagasket
14-10-2009, 07:59 AM

Its 8:59 George, you could have just asked in English you know!! :">:-"

Petal
14-10-2009, 08:07 AM

Now THAT is impressive! I bet you've got more than one language under your belt, George ??? []

xx

mizgeorge
14-10-2009, 08:17 AM
One or two Jules, but this one's closest to my heart as my mother is Swedish ;)
(LOL @ Su)

lorraineflee
14-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi Esmeralda and welcome from Bedfordshire. :welcome:

Lorraine

Petal
14-10-2009, 08:50 AM
One or two Jules, but this one's closest to my heart as my mother is Swedish ;)
(LOL @ Su)

awww a Swedish mother [] I used to work with a lovely lady who was Swedish and not only was she lovely, but judging from the photos, so was her country. Its always useful having an extra language or two, isn't it.

xx

Emerald
14-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi Esmerelda :welcome: to the forum xx

MuranoSilver
14-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi Esmeralda
:welcome: to the forum :)
I found your shop on Etsy, love all the natural leaves.
There's a section on your profile where you can pop Album pictures
and you can put your shop in your signature too ;)
Nic x

Di Sandland
14-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi Esmeralda - can't do any of that Swedish stuff. It seems such a complicated language!

But, welcome to the forum. :~:

Jayne
14-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Hello Esmerelda & welcome to the forum :~:
Love your leaves & flowers :)
J x

Solunar Silver Studio
14-10-2009, 10:47 AM
:~: Hi Esmeralda. Sorry to hear about your job. I know from experience that being made redundant is no fun. We'll do our best to keep your spirits up until you find another job!! [[]]

Rustic Charm
14-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Hi there and welcome to the mad house!!!:~:

AlexandraBuckle
14-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the forum :~:

CDW Designs
14-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone! I'm an amateur jewelry artist from Sweden and found this forum when I was ordering supplies.

I currently work mostly with precious metal clay, but I'm in the middle of a course in silversmithing and I definitely want to continue with that too. I love the textures you can make with metal clay, and I also love to use precious and semi-precious stones. Check out my Etsy shop to see my jewelry (seller: SilverBlueberry).

Besides jewelry making I would normally work as a scientist (biochemist) but as a lot of others the economic crisis hit the company I was working for hard and now I'm looking for jobs. It's good to have a positive creative hobby while doing that. :)

Esmeralda

Hi there Esmeralda
Welcome to the Forum, it's great
Good luck with the job hunting too!
:welcome:

Ominicci
14-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi Esmeralda :~:

I love the round leaf and turquoise pendant in your shop, where the leaf has been press into the clay.

George - I can definitely see from your wedding photos your swedish heritage :)

Lindyloo
15-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Wow, Sweden. Welcome Esmeralda. Do you shop in Britain for supplies often?

Lisa Quinn
15-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi Esmeralda :~:

I joined a couple of months ago and everyone is lovely and has helped me out with some fantastic advice.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy !

SilverBlueberry
16-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks everyone! Didn't expect that many replies, and some (okay, one) in swedish too! :) I joined this forum because I can't find a similar one in Sweden and some of the forums there are dead, too. I like this one already. :)

thescottishindian
09-11-2009, 01:39 AM
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome: (http//www.thescottishindian.com)Hi Esmeralda! I`m from Colorado. Welcome to this forum. There are alot of talented people here. I also work with PMC its so much fun you can do anything with it!

Sharon....The Scottish Indian

SilverBlueberry
09-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Thank you! Your work is really interesting and different! I'm still trying to find my own style, you definitely have yours down, it seems!