PDA

View Full Version : What do you think??

Mystic
13-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi folks,
I have finally found out how to put pictures into an album so that I can show some of the things I have made. The copper is actually sourced from electrical cable that has been salvaged by me. The electrician at work throws out cable that is too short for his needs, and it usually ends up in a skip, so using my recycling skills i picked it out of the rubbish bin when no one was looking:-" ( visions of a bag lady te he! ),I took off the plastic coverings and hey presto perfectly good jewellery material. So anyway go to the pictures and albums and take a look at the others, and let me know what you think.

Maggie
:Y: :feedback:

bustagasket
14-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Waste not want not :D, we seem to have a lot of good recylers on here, well done :D

MuranoSilver
14-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Like the two colours together the copper and Heamatite? go fabulously well :)

Emerald
14-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi, yes the electrical wire is the perfect size for jewellery, i like the hematite to with the copper but the silver aswell x

Di Sandland
14-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Last weekend, when I was desperate for copper wire to make a clasp, my husband had the bright idea of buying some electrical cable. I have to say, I was dubious and scoffed at the idea. However, I now have a few beautiful clasps just waiting for bracelets - and metres of electrical cable!

And... it comes in different gauges too. :Y:

Jayne
14-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Very elegant Maggie :)
Nice colour combo!
J x

Mystic
14-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi, yes the electrical wire is the perfect size for jewellery, i like the hematite to with the copper but the silver aswell x

I hear what you are saying Jo, but I think a little bit of silver is nice, too much silver and it would look rediculous, but if you saw them "in the flesh", I think you would see the effect I was trying to achieve:))
I :ta: for the feedback.

Mystic
14-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Waste not want not :D, we seem to have a lot of good recylers on here, well done :D

I've just been rumaging the skip again this morning,( swagbag and mask at the ready) and I have hit the jackpot again woohoo :Y:

Emerald
14-10-2009, 12:03 PM
I hear what you are saying Jo, but I think a little bit of silver is nice, too much silver and it would look rediculous, but if you saw them "in the flesh", I think you would see the effect I was trying to achieve:))
I :ta: for the feedback.

hi maggi i was talking about the silver ones in your gallery x

Mystic
14-10-2009, 02:56 PM
hi maggi i was talking about the silver ones in your gallery x

Oh dear, I think I have just had a very senior moment#-o
I feel really stupid and if you could see my face it would be a bit red:">