PDA

View Full Version : Hand Engraving

HannahJewelleryDesigns
12-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Does anybody know of a hand engraver in the Jewellery Quarter? I have a commission for an engraved pendant and to be blunt, my attempts at engraving the image required look like a spider wearing ice skates has flailed its way across the metal!
And I am going to Brum in a couple of weeks anyway so it seems like the logical place to find this service.
Any and all help welcomed!!!
Hannah *-:)

geti-titanium
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Hannah,

I can offer you our engraving service if it is any good to you. We don't hand engrave but we do laser engrave. You are welcome to pop in when you are next in the quarter to see what we can do for you.

Regards,

Alan

Emerald
12-10-2009, 01:33 PM
there also used to be hand engraver over the contemporary art gallery but that was a long time ago not sure he will be still there.

Coco
12-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi Hannah,

I can offer you our engraving service if it is any good to you. We don't hand engrave but we do laser engrave. You are welcome to pop in when you are next in the quarter to see what we can do for you.

Regards,

Alan

Do you laser titanium rings instead of soldering them?

geti-titanium
12-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Do you laser titanium rings instead of soldering them?

All of our Titanium rings are made from solid material, but we do laser weld the precious metal inlays to join them. You can't solder metals to titanium due to the virtually instantaneous oxidisation process.

Coco
12-10-2009, 02:38 PM
All of our Titanium rings are made from solid material .

Okay, I'm gonna have to lose the deceptive facade I've built up and appear fick. How does that work then?

geti-titanium
12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Have a look at the second video under OsKar. This should explain a bit.

GETi Wedding rings, black zirconium mens rings and titanium rings. - GETi Videos (http://www.geti.cc/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=275&Itemid=53)

Coco
12-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Blimey. Real easy to whip one up at home then ;)

geti-titanium
12-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Blimey. Real easy to whip one up at home then

Oh yes - you'll find CNC lathes tucked away in the corners of garages up and down the country. Most people don't even know they are there :)

HannahJewelleryDesigns
16-10-2009, 01:15 PM
GETi
thank you very much and I may take you up on that!
Hannah :ta: