PDA

View Full Version : Weekend crafty time!

Kalorlo
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I've been having great fun with fimo and my pasta machine this weekend - running colours through it is so satisfying even before I do anything else with them! I made some more complicated canes than my black and white ones, including a leaf that didn't work so well (nts: green and brown don't work very well for a skinner blend, too similar) but I do have a rather nice geometric pattern cane instead from the remains of the leaf.

No photos yet - mostly I have sliced bits of cane (and a couple of large swirly beads that I couldn't bring myself to keep blending to make background colour). My boyfriend wandered in, made a noise of delight and said "You're not making beads, you're making patterns!" :D

I've also been doing some intensive lurking on the Frit Happens Forum, and I've ordered myself Sally Carver's lampworking dvd. I'm investigating the options for lessons reachable from SE London as well. I really really want to have a go!

Aaaaand I requested Jinks McGrath's Jewellery Making: A Complete Course for Beginners as an inter-library loan. So we'll see in about 4 weeks if I can get hold of that. I asked for Corina Tettinger's Passing the Flame as well, but it wasn't in the system at all. The guy looked it up on Amazon to make sure the details were right and whistled at the price :-p

So, what's everyone else been up to this weekend?

The Dragon
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM
I've got Sally's DVD, I was watching it this morning it's great, simplifys a lot. I've already made a mental note to buy 2 and 3 when they are out, although I won't be able to do any lampwork until we find a new house.

I've had a tidy of my workroom and put up a blind, I'm firing a couple of copper pieces snd working on two more but I'm not exactly exerting myself today. I might have a look at some of the tutorial videos later & maybe read a few blogs.

:)

caroleallen
11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Well I've had some face painting friends around to my studio practicing for Halloween today. After jewellery making, face painting is my favourite hobby.
We've painting at the Eden Project monster's ball for Halloween.

MuranoSilver
11-10-2009, 08:08 PM
OOHHHH I'll be visiting the Eden project Halloween weekend :)

caroleallen
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
I'll be there on the Friday Nic. I'd love to meet you, though will probably be up to my eyes with little witches and monsters. I'll be wearing a purple witches hat. Do come and say hello if you can.

MuranoSilver
11-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Poop! We'll be there on the Saturday...
Oh well have a great time painting faces :D
nic x

caroleallen
11-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Ah, that's a shame.