PDA

View Full Version : Packing...

agent_44
11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
I have packed maybe 1/20th of what I own and I am now severley procrastinating. I move on Tues and have to work tomorrow, I suspect this is all going to be a nightmare!

Anyway if I am not about for a little bit that's why, and I shall catch up as soon as I can!

The Dragon
11-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh poor you, it's always stressful moving.

The only bit of advice I can offer is when you get up Tues morning put an emergancy box in the footwell of your car before you do anything else. My last one had tea, coffee, powdered milk, plasters, one phillips and one flat screwdriver, roll of bin liners, a couple of cloths, notepad and pen and painkillers. This covered the majority of minor problems I had without the need to go rooting around in bigger boxes to find stuff.

I hope everything goes well for you. []

xXx

agent_44
11-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Well luckily I am moving to my boyfriends house so it's not as if everything we own will be packed up. Just more a case of fitting my stuff in with his, and working out what we're getting rid of.

I hate moving and have had to a number of times unwillingly when I split up with my husband, so I am firmly in denial of having to do much about this one, even though it's a good move!

mizgeorge
11-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Good luck Lucinda - hope it goes really well.

kymbi
11-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Good luck Lucinda, I hope all goes smoothly ~ give yourself a nice relaxing treat when it's all over ;)

Petal
11-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Good luck with the move Lucinda. Use it as a good excuse to ged rid of stuff you no longer need/want. It might be painful at the time, but you'll feel loads better once its gone.

Oh, and a nice relaxing treat sounds like a really good idea - I second that one!

tell us how it all goes on ...:~:

xx

Di Sandland
11-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Good luck, Lucinda.

Lisa Quinn
11-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Hope everything goes smoothly Lucinda and I think you should make sure that you have put a bottle of vino in the fridge so that you can destress after you have unpacked.

Lisa x

caroleallen
11-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Good luck with the move.

amazingbabe
11-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Good luck with the move Lucinda, hope your BF won't mind all your crafty items moving in with you ha ha :Y::Y:

Ominicci
12-10-2009, 10:32 AM
But when its all over you will be in BATH yay!!

I will be there tomorrow for a course but have to rush home to be taxi mummy again :juggle:

agent_44
14-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Yes, I am in Bath now!

Had to forget about getting any more of my stuff out of the flat for now though, Zac's sister/mum left soooooo much stuff lying around the house that needs sorting. All down to me atm too since clever Zac forgot to ask for holiday and could only get yestterday and Friday off work!

So far I have filled 6 big black bin liners of gone off food and general rubbish, used make up, etc. Very annoying, such a waste! Also found enough sanitary products to last any woman two life times :confused:

I've spent about 12 hours sorting the kitchen alone! I am just taking a break from going through the cleaning products, I've found 10 stain removal sticks for clothes, 7 half used bottles of bathroom cleaner, 4 half used bottles of bleach, 3 cans of air freshener.

No idea when I will be able to move more of my stuff! Good job I have until the 27th th get out of the flat!