PDA

View Full Version : Did you know.......?

geti-titanium
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
...... that making the text on your webpages easier to read improves your website ranking on google? The standard used to measure this is the Flesch Reading Ease Test and a figure between 60 - 80 is considered optimal.

The higher the score means your text is easier to understand. Increase your score by writing for an age group between 13 - 15 years, break up the text into smaller chunks and use correct punctuation.

MuranoSilver
11-10-2009, 08:43 AM
So Teenage Drivel ranks higher than technical info? :-O
Thanks Geti you've confirmed what I suspected of t'internet all along! <:)-
nicx

Sheltie
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
In the NHS Patient information leaflets are written for a reading age of 9years (yes you did read that correctly) I know as I have had a hand in writing a few (other job means I work within clinical governance)

Di Sandland
11-10-2009, 12:13 PM
In the NHS Patient information leaflets are written for a reading age of 9years (yes you did read that correctly) I know as I have had a hand in writing a few (other job means I work within clinical governance)

Snap! I was Clinical Risk Manager for the Maternity Unit where I worked as a senior midwife and helped get the trust to level II CNST. Then I left. I wrote the majority of the patient information leaflets too - not part of the job description ;)

Jayne
11-10-2009, 06:20 PM
The higher the score means your text is easier to understand. Increase your score by writing for an age group between 13 - 15 years

so, does that like mean that I should like get my like fifteen yr old blood to like write it an all that?
like?

geti-titanium
11-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Fo' shizzle - fess up now, is you clownin me? That's bum if you is, or is yous just buggin?

geti-titanium
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Fo' shizzle - fess up now, is you clownin me? That's bum if you is, or is yous just buggin?

Translation for the oldies:

For sure. Confess now, are you making fun of me? That's really nice if you are, or perhaps you are just acting strange. :X

Jayne
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
I think you've just single-handedly moved the Cookson site to the top of every search Geti ;)
J x

geti-titanium
11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Phat!!!!!!! :)

Jayne
11-10-2009, 07:41 PM
sound!!!!!

Ominicci
12-10-2009, 10:36 AM
...... that making the text on your webpages easier to read improves your website ranking on google? The standard used to measure this is the Flesch Reading Ease Test and a figure between 60 - 80 is considered optimal.

The higher the score means your text is easier to understand. Increase your score by writing for an age group between 13 - 15 years, break up the text into smaller chunks and use correct punctuation.

'Fess up! Gis a xample....? i.e. good and bad?