PDA

View Full Version : How many teaspoons is 10g of barrelbrite?

Lindyloo
10-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I haven't got a sensitive enough scale to measure 10g of barrelbrite. So how many teaspoons would that convert to?

Di Sandland
10-10-2009, 04:34 PM
I just use a pinch, Lindy. Don't bother with a spoon. You don't need very much at all. Overdo it and you'll be confronted with suds coming out of the barrel like an over-soaped washing machine.

mizgeorge
10-10-2009, 04:49 PM
LOL. 10g is about a teaspoon. I use a little bit less than that and have plenty of bubbles (and am in a very hard water area). It really does go a very long way.

Di Sandland
10-10-2009, 04:52 PM
never thought of that - our water is exceptionally soft, which is why I only need a pinch. When I put in the suggested teaspoon full (and my spoonfuls are always heaped spoonfuls, surprise surprise) I could have done the washing up in the overflowing suds.

Lindyloo
10-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Thank you guys. I can always rely on just the right advice. Love this forum. []

The Dragon
11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't want to sound like a philistine, but I use fairy washing up liquid - it seems to work fine. :">

Lindyloo
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes, that's what I was planning to use, but on a previous thread about barrel polishers, it was suggested that there were reasons not to use it. One being that it can turn silver black. I don't understand why, but on that advice, I decided to go for the barrelbrite.

The Dragon
11-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Hummmm maybe I should look that one up, I haven't had any problems but you never know. I wonder if it's just FL or all washing up brands? :confused:

mizgeorge
11-10-2009, 10:07 PM
bog standard basic fairy liquid is OK. I don't think it's as good as barrelbrite (there's a reason why things are designed to do the job they do), but it's OK.

Where you have to be careful is with washing up liquid with ANY additives, be they fragrance, boosters, whatever. Some contain bleach or bleach substitutes, and these won't do your silver, or your barrel any good.