PDA

View Full Version : Are you a morning person?

geti-titanium
08-10-2009, 10:33 PM
As a rule I tend to wake up in a good mood - now it's dark in the mornings though it is a little more difficult to be chipper, especially scraping ice off the windscreen like I did this morning. The one thing that seems to raise a laugh out of me every morning and last thing at night though is a little message on my toothpaste tube saying 'Squeeze from bottom'. I can think of at least 15 different little images from that gem.

What gets you going in the mornings?

bustagasket
09-10-2009, 06:01 AM
I have always been a morning person, much to the irritation of one of my malaysian friends, he used to curse me lol.

I dont know why, the alarm goes off and i am straight out of bed and on with the day. I used to find it difficult to wait for the alarm and would be up by 5, but i gradually "trained" myself and now get up at 6.45, 7 days a week.

My OH is also a morning person, so it was a bit of a shock to find our sons werent lol, #2 son isnt too bad but #3 is like a bear with a sore head in the mornings and gets totally stressed out by the slightest thing and just moans to his hearts content lol.

Jayne
09-10-2009, 06:01 AM
Now this is an apt thread for me at this moment in time.
I'm slouched in bed really not wanting to get up with the laptop perched on my knees. Should have got up about 40 mins ago but instead have facebooked, emailed my Mother (now, that's desperation), and now I find myself here, on the Cookies Forum, desperately trying to escape the inevitable.
Nothing.........nothing gets me going in the morning. Always a struggle to get up. Could happily stay here until 2 or 3pm.
But now I discover that Geti is scraping ice off his car in the mornings!! Man! That sucks!
Living down here in the subtropical climate of Kent we have no such worries! We Southern Softies are still wandering around semi-naked and barefoot at this time of year ;)
So I shall try to use the image of some Northern Man scraping ice to help me realise how lucky I am to get myself out of bed in the mornings now! Ta Geti!
Now, where did I leave my grass skirt & flower garland last night.......

Solunar Silver Studio
09-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Having been woken by my sleepless little darlings for a decade or more I have never since needed an alarm and am usually up and working by 6...or I was before the birth of Cookson's Forum....and this little brat never seems to sleep!!:-D I still get up at the same time but rarely get out into the 'studio' before 8.30...after a leisurely breakfast - reading the posts!! On the down side...I am practically comatose by 9pm. And on the days when I have my grandchildren round I have been known - not too infrequently - to fall asleep with my head on the dining table - whilst waiting for my daughters to hurry up and take them away to bed!!I-) The rest of my family, now, as adults, take after my OH and rarely get to bed before 2am and are absolute murder to get up in the mornings!!:rolleyes:

Di Sandland
09-10-2009, 07:50 AM
I hate mornings :(I-)

Charlotte
09-10-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm not a morning person at all, and neither is my OH, but he has to get up at 6:30 for work so I try to get up with him most mornings to make him breakie. When he demands to know why I'm in a fowl mood for no reason I have to quote Oscar Wilde... "Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast":Y:

snow_imp
09-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Hm, I'm a night owl except there's this really irritating thing called "work" and they expect me to be there by 8.30 am!!! So, alarm around 6 ish, I surface about 6.30, leave house about 7 - almost fit to drive at that point too :) Then 1hr in rush hour traffic, but the bonus is the countryside I drive through - the mist over the river yesterday was beautiful, pity I didn't have a camera handy.

I'd like to be able to stay up until midnight each night but 'cos of the alarm thingy time, I'm usually in bed around 10.30. Assuming next door's dogs don't spending too much time barking that is.

Jayne
09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast":Y:

Ha! I'll have to remember that one ;) thanks!
J x

MuranoSilver
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm not a great morning person..unless you count 1-2am when I see the morning in ;)
Tend to be up early though, Skittles (the Cat) doesn't understand "sleep-ins"
Nic xx

amazingbabe
09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
:mad:Not a morning person this morning anyway, i keep dropping everything, pressing the wrong buttons on the pc............... Things that should take 2 minutes are taking 10 so i am going to watch some tv and relax for an hour :D

Petal
09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
I usually always wake up cheerful in the mornings, the music is on and I'm dancing about in the kitchen making tea and porridge! Except for today, 'cos yesterday I fell down the last three stairs at home and my ankle is a bit painful :(| so there was a bit of singing instead and my nickname of the day is 'hoppity' :-D Can I blame this on the moon again, Di ???

OMG Nic, now THAT is very early! The lady who never sleeps... Ahhhh, we can forgive our cats though, can't we, 'cos they're so lovely - do you have catnaps to catch up then??

Ominicci
09-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Not a morning person and could stay in bed all snuggled up until I actually felt like I was awake. I usually do my best work in the afternoon and evening. I make myself get up and take my stepdaughter to school even though it's only a 15 minute walk for her (she walks home though) as it means I get washed and dressed beofre going out of the house. Sometimes she doesn't have a lesson first thing and, as she is 6th form, doesn't have to go in for registration as they sign themselves in. Then we both get a bit of a lie in :D

Lisa Quinn
09-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm neither a morning nor a night time person, I am one of those Thatcher types I'm afraid, late to bed - early to rise, and very little sleep in between.

I could use this as an excuse for being a perpetual miserable old hag, but in actual fact I think that I have a just morphed into a "grumpy old woman " ( which is my favourite TV programme, it's reassuring to know that I am not the only one and I sit on the sofa huffing with them and yelling to the like minded ladies " OMG, I know what you mean!" Sheila Hancock is my role model and I would very much like to be like her when I grow up)

Jayne
09-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I am one of those Thatcher types I'm afraid

please don't say that......=:-O
J x

Di Sandland
09-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Ah, Jayne, at the risk of being contentious I think Thatcher was okay before she went loopy. She ruined it all, of course, but initially I think she had the right ideas: everybody is responsible for themselves type thing. I believe that anybody can be whatever they want to be - if they're prepared to work hard.

Sometimes fate intervenes - as I know from personal experience - and that was where the iron lady had a blind spot.

My personal and humble opinion.

Jayne
09-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry Di, that wasn't a comment on her politics or ideals - just the concept of someone who is so obsessionally single minded and unrelenting - a description that I think most people would concur with regardless of their political colours.
Just meant I wouldn't fancy sharing a pint with her.
Thatcher that is, not Lisa.
Love to share a pint with Lisa :)
J x

Di Sandland
09-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I concur then, love ;)

The Dragon
09-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I really don't like mornings either :'(- my staff all know not to bring me too many problems when I'm on a 7am start, they uaually know they are safe after my first sarcastic remark of the day. My natural body clock means I would go to bed around 3 in the morning and be up again by 10. I tend to do paperwork first thing, it eases my brain into the day nicely.:)

EmmaRose
09-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I am with Di........
I-)
Em

Emerald
09-10-2009, 11:17 AM
welll i am not a morning person or an afternoon person or and evening person the best time for me is when i am fast asleep and i dont have to shout scream or moan at anyone

amazingbabe
09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
At least i'm not alone with this morning thing, i am starting to mellow now as the day progresses tg....... and and and i just spotted this woop woop Etsy Ireland: October 2009 (http://etsyireland.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html) Thats my pearl ring :Y: :Y::ta: :ta: etsy ireland .... for including memeeeeeeee !!!! Have a look and please leave comments for my ring,,,, thank you guys xoxoxox

Lisa Quinn
09-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Sorry Di, that wasn't a comment on her politics or ideals - just the concept of someone who is so obsessionally single minded and unrelenting - a description that I think most people would concur with regardless of their political colours.
Just meant I wouldn't fancy sharing a pint with her.
Thatcher that is, not Lisa.
Love to share a pint with Lisa :)
J x

Thanks Jayne, although I don't do pints anymore, if I drink too much I start I start honking like a Chelsea Sloane (even though I'm a Lincolnshire lass!!) and showing my pants, ( plus I can't do hangovers anymore ), therefore I would be delighted to share a lovely chilled glass of Cava/Prosecco with you ( loving the bubbles and it makes me laugh) if you don't mind sitting with a bossy old troll b*tch.

Ohh now I feel miserable, does anyone remember the eighties when your used to go to "The Wine Bar" on Friday lunchtime and get back to the office at 4pm to turn your PC off before heading back to The Wine Bar - "good times!" now I don't even leave the office at lunchtime - "bad times"

The Dragon
09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh my lord yes- Brownes Wine Bar in Hockley. Except I never went back to switch my PC off, once I got there I was there to stay. They used to do a wicked Strawberry Wine Spritzer. All us girls used to sit and watch for the FMA's (fit man alert).:cool:

Jayne
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Ah, s*d it Lisa, let's do a magnum of champers :Y:
Interesting to see that you're from Lincolnshire - I wasn't born there but my Dad was & we still have a gaggle of relatives over that way - mainly Boston. And I was baptised in Sibsey Parish Church!
Yu alriiiht duc?
J x

geti-titanium
09-10-2009, 12:45 PM
well i am not a morning person or an afternoon person or and evening person the best time for me is when i am fast asleep and i dont have to shout scream or moan at anyone

Crikey =:-O

lesley
09-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Mornings are evil.
I've actually only been up for an hour today but not because I was having a snuggly wuggly lie in.......I feel ROUGH!
Not surprising as everyone has coughed or sneezed on me this week.

OH isn't a morning person either but at the weekend he gets up first and brings me Earl Grey and coffee in bed. :)

mobeus
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Simple, coffee... I consider myself a weekend person haha

Jayne
09-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Simple, coffee... I consider myself a weekend person haha

does that mean sleep all week and only get up @ weekends?
I could go for that :Y:
J x

Charlotte
09-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I often wonder why we don't hibernate, eat as much as you can, sleep for months, miss out on the cold dark days. It would be FAB!

geti-titanium
09-10-2009, 05:20 PM
I think I'm sensing that a few members on here used to be tortoises, bears and squirrels in previous lives :dance:

Jayne
09-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I often wonder why we don't hibernate, eat as much as you can, sleep for months, miss out on the cold dark days. It would be FAB!

yup! I could go for that too:Y:
J x

lesley
09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I think I'm sensing that a few members on here used to be tortoises, bears and squirrels in previous lives :dance:

I think I was a hamster. Love that snuggling up together thing they do.

Trudy
09-10-2009, 06:05 PM

Ohhhhh I would love to hibernate. I dont think my three year old would be too happy about it though :(

geti-titanium
09-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I was a mayfly once - only briefly though - 24 hours in fact, and I missed half of that 'cos I didn't get up 'til midday #-o

lesley
09-10-2009, 07:52 PM
......and then I swatted you. :-D