PDA

View Full Version : Got so close to getting my delft casting stuff...

pauljoels
08-10-2009, 01:16 PM
I had a meeting in Brum today so thought I'd pop in to the trade counter at Cookson's to pick up a few bits and pieces. A few minutes into the lady taking my order and getting the stuff together a man runs in and said to everyone - Do you know the roof of the building is on fire? We all looked rather confused, and myself and the other two customers were told to leave (fairplay really), and sure as hell the chimney above Cooksons was covered in flames!

I hope the people at Cookson's were ok though - Fire service got there a few mins after I walked out. So just in case people placed orders today - I'm not sure they're going to be getting sent out today...

Jayne
08-10-2009, 01:21 PM
oh my gosh!!
How dramatic! (bet you wish you'd gone in 10mins earlier??!)
Thanks for that - Cookson's very own roving reporter ;)
J x

Lisa Quinn
08-10-2009, 01:26 PM
OMG !! I hope everyone is ok? Does this kind of thing happen to you very often Paul ?

bustagasket
08-10-2009, 01:27 PM
oo eck someone burning some serious bits of toast!!! :'(

Seriously tho, hope it was very soon under control, and no-one got hurt, and that Cooksons incurred no loss of their stock. [[]][-o<

snow_imp
08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow, hope everyones okay.

MuranoSilver
08-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Oh my goodness - hope everyones OK!! :-O
Nic x

agent_44
08-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Yikes! =:-O Yes, I really do hope everyone is OK!

agent_44
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I mean to post a link to this thread in another thread and failed, posting it here lol. Now I can't find that thread! Grr!

EmmaRose
08-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Cooksongold.com Delivery Notice

Due to an incident at our Birmingham offices, no orders will be despatched today. Sorry for any incovenience caused.
Please note our offices are closed for the rest of the day.

lorraineflee
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Wow, hope they're all okay. Not what you need - although, dishy firemen in uniforms .........:D

Di Sandland
08-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Okay Cookies, the minute you get back to your pcs we want to know all but especially that you're okay

pauljoels
08-10-2009, 04:39 PM
OMG !! I hope everyone is ok? Does this kind of thing happen to you very often Paul ?

Luckily no, I'm pretty sure this is the first time anything quite like this has happened.

When the guy came into the trade counter to tell everyone, I think everyone thought he was taking the p*** (and I don't think it helped that I cannot take a brummie accent seriously) to begin with, but then a few people thought they could smell something - I thought it was just the bloke that came in to tell everyone!

I couldn't believe the thick people wandering around the streets who saw something a bit like my picture - they were stood around, saying is that normal? And they were totally serious!!!!

I stuck around a little bit, but police and fire service cordoned off the area a little, so got bored and came home minus new toys. Hopefully it wasn't serious and they'll be back up and running again soon, I'm back in Brum on Monday so will try again then!

Emerald
08-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Cooksongold.com Delivery Notice

Due to an incident at our Birmingham offices, no orders will be despatched today. Sorry for any incovenience caused.
Please note our offices are closed for the rest of the day.

due to an incident....oh you mean the incident where your building is on fire incident, hope everyone ok and not to much damage done x

Emerald
08-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Firefighters tackle factory fire
About 30 firefighters are at the scene of a factory fire in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter.

Crews were called to the fire in a three-storey building in Vittoria Street, Hockley, about 1345 BST, a fire service spokesman said.

There have been no reports of any casualties, he added.

West Midlands Fire Service sent six appliances to the scene and was using a high-pressure jet to help battle the fire in the building's extraction unit.

This is all i could find in the local news looks like everyone is okay.