PDA

View Full Version : Gallery - what is it used for?

Chatters
07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Hello all!

Please excuse the rather weird question.

I have been looking through the Cooksons website and have come across Gallery strips and wondered what they are used for. I have tried googling it but have not found any answers so wondered if you could help.

I am looking for an easier way to set CZ's into PMC be it a pendant or ring. I have read what Nic suggested in a couple of threads ago but cant seem to grasp it. I was thinking about using bazel strips and making a tube in a tube to fit the stone and setting it that way. I have tried using clay, paste, tried using syringe paste into a coil type putting the stone in, cleaning the edges till smooth then firing etc. etc- me being fussy I dont like the finish. The mind knows what I want to do but the fingers are not doing as they are told and cant get it quite right :(|.

Can anyone help?

While I am here - well done Nic on your recent achievements!

Angie
X

mizgeorge
07-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Gallery is just an alternative to plain bezel strip for setting. I don't particularly like it myself, as most of the decorated versions are too frilly for my taste, but it can look nice in the right context. I do think it needs to be worked carefully and the ends matched perfectly - it looks horrid if there's any deviation from the pattern at the join.

I'll leave the metal clay end of the question to an expert though!

agent_44
07-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Not sure if I understand you correctly but you can make a bezel for a stone and embed it into the PMC for stetting after firing if that helps?

Chatters
09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks George and Lucinda. Sorry I am not very good on explaining, but at least I know what the gallery strips are used for now.