PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

AlexandraBuckle
07-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Hello everyone!

Thought I would announce my return, I'm now married and had a lovely honeymoon. We have had such a lovely time.

Right so its back to reality now, and lots of jewellery making! It has taken a back seat while I was planning the wedding.
I always enjoy the run up to Christmas, planning what sparklys to make and where to sell them...

It's gonna take me ages to catch up on all the posts and all the new members, so I'd just like to say a big hello and welcome to anyone new.

Have I missed anything important...? Just realised I didn't give my address for the secret santa, so not sure if I'm still doing that....Nic? Anything else I should know...?

Petal
07-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Awww, <3<3 Many Congratulations to you both :))) you're a Mrs now and how lovely too! Charlotte got married while you were away as well and has posted some piccies here http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/off-topic/1051-got-married-saturday.html and I think there has been an engagement
http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/off-topic/1071-some-good-news.html

We all look forward to talking about all thats gone on while you've been away and its lovely to have you back :Y:

bustagasket
07-10-2009, 07:57 AM
wooot huge congrats hun, welcome back to reality lmao. []

Solunar Silver Studio
07-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Congratulations to you both!!:))):dancing::))) Are there any piccies??:dontknow: ....I love a good wedding!! :-)

AlexandraBuckle
07-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I haven't got the official pics yet and we are still collating everyone elses photos, but here are a couple...

Petal
07-10-2009, 08:23 AM
awwww, they're lovely piccies, I absolutely LOVE weddings ... Who's still got their wedding dress then??

MuranoSilver
07-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Awww lovely wedding pics and adore the purple/lilac colours you've used as accents.
I've still got my wedding dress (not that I'd fit in it)
Nic x

AlexandraBuckle
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Awww, thanks!
I don't think I would fit in my dress now and its only been a few weeks - lol!

Petal
07-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Where did you have your honeymoon?

lorraineflee
07-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Congratulations and welcome back - the photos were lovely!
Lorraine

AlexandraBuckle
07-10-2009, 08:38 AM
We went to Thailand - Bangkok for 3 nights and Koh Samui for 10 nights.
We had the most fantastic time - neither of us had been anywhere that exciting before - or far away!

Petal
07-10-2009, 08:51 AM
oooh lovely... I've never been that far away either, sounds very exciting. I'll talk later, got to go shopping..

mizgeorge
07-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Congratulations :) You looked gorgeous!

Charlotte
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Yay! Congratulations! I thought you must have been on your honeymoon but I have been itching to get the details! You looked gorgeous, and I love your colours! Looked like it was a gorgeous church wedding?

What are you doing about thank you cards? I've been back a week and they are taking so long! I got my photos back yesterday... all 10 packets#-o Was only £29!

So how did the day go? Isn't the morning part fab! Were you nervous? I'm going for the bank on Friday, and I need to start changing my passport and drivers license etc... I can't seem to get anything done let alone think about jewellery!

Would you recommend Thailand? Was it very expensive? We are going on our honeymoon after Christmas and I have no idea where to go or how much to spend!

...sorry, too many questions#-o

kymbi
07-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Congratulation Alexandra - your pics look great and your honeymoon sounds like a dream :X

Di Sandland
07-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Congratulations! You looked gorgeous. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness. :X

Emerald
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
congratulations to you both what a lovely sunny day you had by the looks of it and you looked beautiful xx

AlexandraBuckle
07-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Thank you for your lovely comments!
We did have a very sunny day Emerald, we were so lucky!

Charlotte, we had a civil ceremony at Bletchley Park. It is such a lovely old building with lots of history and character. It was where they did the code breaking in the war.

I haven't started my thank you cards yet! I have so many to do, its going to take ages! We are going to get our official photographer to make up some cards for us.

I really enjoyed getting ready in the morning, my bridesmaids stayed the night and got ready with me. We were soooo relaxed and we didn't have to rush at all, it was great.

We did have a bit of a hiccup though, when Dad and I were about five minutes away from the venue, he got a call from my brother saying that there was a bomb scare there and all the guests had had to get out of the building! =:-O

Dad and I had to wait anxiously round the corner for the 'all clear' before we could go in and start the ceremony. We started quite late and were very lucky that the registrar was able to stay! Imagine if she had gone! We would have had a big party without the ceremony!

Not looking forward to changing my name on everything! I am now Mrs Olding, but I've decided to keep Buckle as my jewellery name.

I'm sure you could do Thailand more cheaply than we did :o
It is a lovely place and would highly recommend it. The Thai people are so friendly and the food is yummy! I'll Pm you the exact costs if you like.

Here is a selection of our honeymoon pics : http://www.benoldinggames.co.uk/photos/?p=2009-09 - Honeymoon in Thailand

And here is a selection of friends and families wedding pics that we collated: http://www.benoldinggames.co.uk/photos/?p=2009-09 - Alex and Bens Wedding

agent_44
07-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Welcome Back! :)

I knew you were getting married but didn't realise that was why you hadn't been around. Your photos are lovely, hope you had a perfect day, and honeymoon.

Lisa Quinn
07-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Congratulations Alexandra you looked wonderful.

Lisa x

Ominicci
07-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Congratulations!!! It looks like you had a fab time on the day and on hoeymoon from all the photos! Your bridesmaid dresses are a gorgeous colour I love it - that's the main colour in my bedroom. :Y:

caroleallen
07-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Congratulations to you both. You looked beautiful.

Petal
07-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Such lovely photos and everyone looked like they really enjoyed themselves. ahhhh

Solunar Silver Studio
07-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Isn't it lovely for you to have so many photos to remember the day by! Thank you for sharing them with us!! And Thailand looks fantastic!:Y:

AlexandraBuckle
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks everyone and yes thailand IS fantastic :)

EmmaRose
08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! you look beautiful, Thailand looks amazing. Am so happy for you!
Em
x

Lindyloo
09-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Alexandra. You look lovely. Your dress is lovely too.

The Dragon
09-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Congratulations Alexandra and Ben, wishing a lifetime of love and happiness to you both.

Your pictures were wonderful, they cheered me up at the end of a long day, I'm so glad it all went so well for you (apart from the bomb scare).

<3<3