PDA

View Full Version : what do you listen too in your work space

myke
16-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Just interested right at the moment I am listning to the cricket all going oky at the moment. radio2 is oky apart from jeremy vine does my head in.I have selection of cds bruce springsteen is tops at the moment`so whats everone listing too!

Petal
16-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Myke,
I'm currently listening to Vince Gill, but others are Alison Krauss and Union Station, Madonna, Coldplay, and Radio 2.

J

myke
16-07-2009, 04:48 PM
do you cope with mr vine?

Petal
16-07-2009, 06:37 PM
He does cover some interesting subjects and is a lot better than Jimmy Young. The presenter I can't stand is Steve Write, with the fake clapping at the beginning of his show - yuk. When the presentes wind me up, I play some of my CD's and chill out with those.

myke
16-07-2009, 07:12 PM
who....I miss the reciepes

The Bijou Dragon
16-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Hmmm... it very much depends on mood here, today it is Bond (Classical / Violins) but tomorrow it could be Slayer (Thrash Metal) and the day after that Alison Krauss (Blue Grass) or even Corvus Corax (Medieval Music) and anything in between.

I'd say anything but I really hate crooners, jazz, rap, girl / boy bands, chart music.

We've even been know however to have a day of the likes of Wartime Swing Bands...

I do love listening to stand up comedy on CD as well or on the PC but it's no good to craft too, I made a beaded ring once while watching Dylan Moran on YouTube and ended up with a thumb that looked like a pin cushion :D

myke
16-07-2009, 07:35 PM
hi well this just gets better and better if got last fm on so if i dont know who you are talking about i add name and listen. have fun myke

Solunar Silver Studio
21-07-2009, 07:44 AM
I've taken to listening to Classic fm when I am doing my silver fusing. It's a habit I picked up from Life Drawing classes when I was at College. The tutor (Whoop, whoop! Carlo at Mid-Cheshire College!!) always had classical music on during the sessions and I found it really helped me to concentrate. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of subliminal beat in a lot of classical music that alters your brain wave pattern or something like that?!?!? Whatever - I find it soothing and not distracting - and it drives my kids mad!!!:D

Charlotte
21-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm afraid I listen to Radio 1... oddly enough it was on in the workshop at Uni for the full 3 years so its probably habit;) The chart music has actually really improved since then, but the way they do the news irritates me.

I have to have something going on in the background!

AlexandraBuckle
21-07-2009, 08:57 AM
We had radio 1 on in our studio - Mark and Lard used to irritate me. Glad they aren't on anymore!

I agree - radio 1's news isn't good.

I share my room with my fiance - he makes flash games for the internet, he doesn't like listening to the radio so we tend to play music from the computer. Anything from wierd techno, trance, to eighties.

MuranoSilver
21-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I mainly listen to:
The hammer of Metal on Metal
The swoosh, swoosh, swoosh of pins in the tumbler
The breeeeeeeee of my flexshaft and the
Whoosh of my torch flame...

Anything else is just distraction. ;):D
Nic x

EmmaRose
21-07-2009, 01:47 PM
the radio magic or heart....or I take the laptop in and have i player running to catch up on TV!

Ominicci
22-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Whilst I was doing full time work I used to listen to the local Bristol Independent Radion station (which used to be GWR but is now Heart) on the journeys to and from Bath for the traffic news. So like Charlotte I have got used to that. But often I will put a CD on which can range from the Corrs to Emma Bunton to Oasis and Maroon 5 or Queen. I usually have greatest hits type albums as they are filled with popular songs that I would have heard on the radio. I don't tend to follow anyone in particular. I DO love to sing along though and classical music would drive me mad I'm afraid.