PDA

View Full Version : You'll Never Work Alone

The Dragon
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I've been lucky enough to spend a couple of hours locked in my 'workshop' relaxing with my jewellery after a very long and loud day at work.

I've been able to shut the world out and just concentrate on one thing at a time, which is wonderful, but I haven't been lonely because I've had my Ozzie to look after me. I've just taken this picture of her sleeping next to me as I work, no fuss, no bother, just a chance to be with her human for a little while - ain't life grand.

Di Sandland
05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Life is indeed grand. My Flooz is exactly the same - except sometimes the place he chooses to slump is the very place I wish he wouldn't!

MuranoSilver
05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Awww bless - skittles does that too, curls up in his little bed :)

bustagasket
05-10-2009, 09:37 PM
my cat, Tibbs, like to lay amongst all my tools, usually scattering beads in the process lol, and as you know, my ever faithful german shepherd, rarely leaves my side, and now that leysha has passed on he also comes to work with me and squeezes as close to my chair as he can, which sometimes means a long jum for me to get out of the corner he blocks me in lol

The Dragon
05-10-2009, 09:49 PM
But we wouldn't have it any other way! <3<3

Lindyloo
05-10-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't have a cat, but I have 2 children who would never let me have any time in my workshop alone. So I have to have a tinker when they are at school. Tomorrow's the day. Need to make something for my Mum's birthday, as I have no money to spend on presents.

Charlotte
06-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Awww I want a cat!!!!:'(

caroleallen
06-10-2009, 07:23 AM
One of my cats does that too if I let her in. I don't encourage her as I worry about her knocking over acids and things.

MuranoSilver
06-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Awww I want a cat!!!!:'(

Just don't go near a rescue centre then, you'll come home with one for sure!!! 0:-)
Nic xx

Boo
06-10-2009, 08:53 AM
We don't unfortunately have cats at the moment, both of ours left us and we decided for the moment not to get more, but Wilma my little tortie, who was the warmest hearted cat you can imagine, was a great helper:

http://photos.imageevent.com/boophotos/ssmb/wilmajewellery2611.jpg

snow_imp
06-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I'd love a cat - but feel that I need to get the house a bit more organised in case they get hurt/stuck somewhere. Maybe I'm just paranoid and they'd have more than enough sense than to get stuck. :)

amazingbabe
06-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Well for me, i make while the kiddies are in school and its just me and my ipod :D:D[:-)[:-)

Kalorlo
06-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Awww, kitties! We really want to get a cat, but our landlord has a no pets clause. I'm not letting my boyfriend go anywhere near a rescue centre - he'd come back with all of them!

Petal
06-10-2009, 09:02 AM
They are absolutely gorgeous, give 'em a big cuddle from me.. [] we can't get near ours to cuddle them, the most we can do is stroke one, the other two are far too ferral to get near us=:-O.

agent_44
06-10-2009, 09:53 AM
How sweet! A coupel of mine do that kind of thing, unfortunately they seem to want to sit ON what ever I am using, jewellery parts, computer keyboard and mouse etc and can;t quite get the concept of sit next to me not on me!

bustagasket
06-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Just don't go near a rescue centre then, you'll come home with one for sure!!! 0:-)
Nic xx

No I am banned from sanctuaries now since the last time i went it was to collect some pet rats that they had and they they had asked me to take on but i also came home with 4 cats lol - a mum and three kittens lol. So not allowed near them anymore

We don't unfortunately have cats at the moment, both of ours left us and we decided for the moment not to get more, but Wilma my little tortie, who was the warmest hearted cat you can imagine, was a great helper:

http://photos.imageevent.com/boophotos/ssmb/wilmajewellery2611.jpg

Oh that is soooo like tibbs, she just cant keep her nose out lol So cute!!

pauljoels
06-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Our Cat Tiffy is miniature and loves to come and distract me when I work from home. I think she thinks we must be stroking the keyboard and obviously that's not her, so it's not allowed - she plonks herself on it and tries to nuzzle us! Only last week my OH was marking her classes work and Tiffy put decided it would be sensible to fall asleep in the plastic box Hannah uses to carry the books around - I'll have to find the photo later when I get home.

Then there's our rabbits - Alby and Saffi (I know it's sad that the names are all similar, but it was all by accident), who think they are far above drinking from normal plastic water bottles. Instead they prefer john lewis glasses...they have grown since this photo and I suspect they couldn't do it anymore, but it wouldn't stop them trying!

Here's Alby at it:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v299/81/0/222400866/n222400866_2758739_7000.jpg

The Dragon
06-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Although Ozzie is usually very well behaved and knows what the word 'no' means she does like to help, especially when I have my shot spread out on a tray to dry. She likes to keep the pieces moving around while I hit them with the hairdryer.:D

EmmaRose
06-10-2009, 02:51 PM
waaahhhh you are making me miss my doggie
Em

MuranoSilver
06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Aww Boo I love that picture of Wilma and Em []
Nic xx

Petal
07-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Morning All, :~:

Finally, here's a piccie of Tinks... (one of our least feral cats) she hasn't sat on my desk yet, but I'm training her ;)

She came in last night for some centrally heated sleep on the sofa, but because we don't have a catflap we have to 'persuade' her to leave at the end of the evening and have this 'game' where I tempt her in the general direction of the back door with cat biccies ... :giggle:

MuranoSilver
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Wow what a lovely coat she has :D

Petal
07-10-2009, 08:52 AM
umm we do spoil her, she gets milk every day and fed twice, small amounts tho. as an overfed cat is unhealthy! The other two don't have such good coats, if only we could get near them to give them a nice brush !

Coco
07-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I've been lucky enough to spend a couple of hours locked in my 'workshop' relaxing with my jewellery after a very long and loud day at work.

I've been able to shut the world out and just concentrate on one thing at a time, which is wonderful, but I haven't been lonely because I've had my Ozzie to look after me. I've just taken this picture of her sleeping next to me as I work, no fuss, no bother, just a chance to be with her human for a little while - ain't life grand.

Awwww, I'm not really a cat person but she's gorgeous :). And she's not bothered by the noise etc from your workshop? Obviously not, judging from the pic :-D

The Dragon
07-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Not really Coco, if I have some new kit in she will sit under the workbench and observe until she is used to the sound, then business as usual. The only thing that gets a reaction is when I sing along to some of the songs, she then thinks it's a free for all and sits there chirping at me & headbutting anything she can reach.

Do you know what Petal, I had a feral cat about 20 years ago, used to come a foot inside the back door for a year to eat a plate of food, then she got caught by a cassenova tom cat. After that she'd come in for her food, have a wash & then go out again, still not letting anyone near her. Then one night when she got to the waddling stage she came up into my bedroom (at 2am) stropped all over my duvet, had a bit of a fuss, then had 4 kittens in the middle of my bed. She stayed in my flat until the kittens were weaned and then left them in my care!

They are definately not stupid.

Petal
07-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I know what you mean about feral cats! She's just spent the entire night in, relaxing by an open fire and I picked her up and took her outside... reluctantly, but its time for bed for me..

night night