PDA

View Full Version : How to get email notifications when someone replies to my thread?

mdk
19-07-2022, 11:50 AM
Hello everyone,
how can I do to get email notifications when someone replies to my thread?
Thanks in advance.

CJ57
19-07-2022, 12:09 PM
I’ve never used it and not sure there is one. Usually just check in if you’ve asked a question or are taking part in a conversation that interests you

ps_bond
19-07-2022, 01:00 PM
EMail notifications are only supported for private messaging.

alastairduncan
19-07-2022, 02:44 PM
I get email notifications from threads I've started. When logged in go to settings->General Settings->Messaging and notifications->Default thread subscription mode. Select "instantly using email"

I think that's what I did, it was a while ago ;-)

ps_bond
19-07-2022, 02:48 PM
I need to get my eyes tested :D

alastairduncan
19-07-2022, 03:04 PM
The forum system doesn't always send emails out, it may do something vaguely intelligent by checking to see if you have a current session (you're logged in) perhaps. If you are logged in what would be the requirement for an email.

alastairduncan
19-07-2022, 03:15 PM
My last reply is not correct. I've just had an email about Peter's response, and I'm still logged in to the system.

mdk
19-07-2022, 05:31 PM
I get email notifications from threads I've started. When logged in go to settings->General Settings->Messaging and notifications->Default thread subscription mode. Select "instantly using email"

I think that's what I did, it was a while ago ;-)

How can I do to add my thread to the subscription folder?

alastairduncan
19-07-2022, 07:01 PM
I suspect this this is done automatically when a thread is started or replied to. My subscription folder reflects this.

mdk
19-07-2022, 10:03 PM
I suspect this this is done automatically when a thread is started or replied to. My subscription folder reflects this.

You're right, I made that change and now I get email notifications when someone replies to a post I've participated in.

Thanks everyone for the help :)