PDA

View Full Version : Hello - newbie here!

Razzle Dazzle
05-04-2022, 03:21 PM
Hi All!

:~:

I have been making beaded jewellery on and off for years but have always wanted to try my hand at making 'proper' jewellery and have a go at silversmithing. I finally took the plunge and have done two different workshops. I am hooked! So much so that my bank balance is non existant now thanks to Cookson Gold and I have also converted a spare room into what my 6 year old grandson calls my 'making room' :o

I look forward to reading through all of the advice but I may well have a few questions of my own that will need answering!

Dennis
05-04-2022, 06:56 PM
Hello RD, and welcome to the forum. Dennis.

Razzle Dazzle
07-04-2022, 11:41 AM
Hi Dennis

Thank you!

TBH I have been looking through a lot of the posts on here and am a little daunted. People talk about things that I have absolutely no idea about. :'( I know everyone is really friendly and helpful but I have a question but am reluctant to ask for fear of making myself look ridiculous..

china
07-04-2022, 12:35 PM
If you don't ask you won't find out don't be afraid we all had to start somewhere, there are no ridiculous questions, (well very very few) I have been doing this pretty much for 10 years and there are still questions I need to ask.

Razzle Dazzle
07-04-2022, 02:10 PM
Thank you china.

I am familiar with a lot of terminology but sometimes things just seem way over my head. You're right - I 've got to have a bit more confidence.