PDA

View Full Version : What would this be called?

marlies
25-02-2022, 10:05 AM
Hello!

I was wondering if you could help me… I am after 6 more of these nameplates in Silver, but have been unable to find them. Do any of you know what they are called or where I can get them?
Otherwise I might be better of casting them or making them from scratch.

Thank you

josef1
25-02-2022, 10:46 AM
If its only 6 I would cut them from sheet. I have not seen than design before sorry

Dennis
25-02-2022, 11:17 AM
Yes,

As indicated by josef, copy it on a photocopier, or trace round it to make labels, glue onto silver sheet, cut out with a saw, and drill holes

If you don't have engraving skills, copy the inner wavy piece, and when cut out, sweat soldr on, usong easy solder.

Suggested thickness for engraving, 0.7-0.8mm. If using two pieces, base 0.4mm top 0.5mm. Dennis.

CJ57
25-02-2022, 11:55 AM
Guessing as they have holes they are maybe for screwing or riveting onto wood. You could try woodworking accessories if you don’t want to make them. I haven’t seen them myself either.
I Googled these so there might be something on the search https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=decorative+metal+nameplates&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

nana@Sycammon
25-02-2022, 12:07 PM
Suggest:
sterling silver necklace tags wavy, banner, blank engraving tags.
Good luck.
Someone on Etsy might have similar. They have a wide selection.

marlies
25-02-2022, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes I can easily make them, just thought I could save a lot of time by getting them from somewhere, just couldn’t find this particular style. Guess I’ll be ordering sheet haha