PDA

View Full Version : Assaying

Sheen
19-02-2022, 08:42 AM
Just about to send a selection of work to be hallmarked. Wanting to know if I need to mention on the assay form that this ring has some gold on it (tiny balls either side of setting) hardly seems worth mentioning :D
I've been quite quiet as I had a slow start to the year, hardly made anything all January. Started to worry I'd lost my mojo.

Petal
19-02-2022, 09:13 AM
Morning Shena,
That's a lovely ring and the accents of gold really set it off beautifully.
Although its only a tiny amount of gold and might be under the 1g weight, I'd always mention it on the form, as it adds value to the piece and gives your work credibility.
x

CJ57
19-02-2022, 12:29 PM
I use a lot of gold accents and can’t say I’ve bothered mentioning it. You can flag it up in the description when you sell it though

Sheen
19-02-2022, 03:20 PM
Thanks Jules and Caroline, it's interesting to see different people doing differant things. Makes asking the question worthwhile. I'm thinking this time I probably won't mention it to the assay as it's just the one ring and only a tiny accent :)

CJ57
19-02-2022, 05:06 PM
Thanks Jules and Caroline, it's interesting to see different people doing differant things. Makes asking the question worthwhile. I'm thinking this time I probably won't mention it to the assay as it's just the one ring and only a tiny accent :)
It’s Edin so if they have a query they usually phone to clarify anyway

theresa
20-02-2022, 06:20 PM
I always get a part mark added for gold. I think it looks good