PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemans Napkin Holder

blackbear
04-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Hello All,
Seeking some help. I would like to make a Napkin Holder out of silver .
Has anyone made one and if so can you let me have the design. and measurements .
Thank you .Blackbear.

MuranoSilver
04-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Blackbear
I'm afraid you've asked a "how long is a piece of string" question.
It very much depends on the type of napkins and the style you want to achieve.
You could go round, oval or oblong (or multiple wierd and wonderful shapes) all would fit a napkin in.

There are a few design ideas on this Napkin Rings (http://www.messingintl.com/napkinRings.html) link.
If you fold a napkin into whatever shape your planning the napkin ring to be you could take the measurements from there.
Hope that helps
Nic xx

agent_44
04-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Hmm, I thought Blackbear meant one of those things that you hook on your shirt to attach the napkin to...

But Hello and Welcome Blackbear, think you need to explain what you are after a bit more!

MuranoSilver
04-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Ahhh I searched napkin holders and got those things that you store napkins in in restaurants :(

agent_44
04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I don't think they are that commen these days. In fact I have no idea how I know about them!

blackbear
05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Hello All, thank you for your replies.
I should have been a bit more specfic.
It is indeed a Gentlemens Napkin holder that hooks into the shirt to hold the napkin in place when at a dinner. When you get to the edge of old age ,hand to mouth collaboration seems to go awry, and that shirt (and of course my sporran) she ( who has to be obeyed) carefully prepared for the evening suddenly becomes a soiled surface. Hence the need for defensive action.
So I will make one from silver scraps to my own ideas . Anyway thank you for
your time and replies. Regards B

MuranoSilver
05-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi Blackbear
Some of the masonic sites have them, they mainly seem to be a spring clip + a hook which slides either into your shirt or tie.
You'll find a simple one here (http://www.porreda.com/acatalog/napkin_holder_tie_clip_silver.html)
nic xx

EmmaRose
06-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I looked at Goldsmiths (company not the high street jeweller) for you but could only find napkin rings....maybe try googling serviette holder?
Em