PDA

View Full Version : Good Marketing Opportunity?

agent_44
04-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm currently in the process of writing my business plan looking at marketing opportunities, potential sales venues etc and I came accross an appeal for raffle prizes and goodie bag items for a charity fashion event in Feb. I have spoken to the organiser, and it looks like to provide a prize for the raffle and 300 business card/discount cards for the goodie bags I could do it for about £70, that covers the cost of printing the cards and materials for the prize, not my time. So for that money I would reach about 300, probably local people interested in fashion, which I thought sounded like a pretty good opportunity. I was just wondering if anyone had done anything else like this and what their thoughts were about it's success, or if anyone had any thoughts on it in general?

Di Sandland
04-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Gut instinct only is to go for it, Lucinda. £70 to reach 300 people, most of whom will probably be in your target market, sounds like a good deal to me.

agent_44
04-10-2009, 12:50 PM
That's what I was thinking, but I thought I would throw the idea out on here before I start chucking my money at things :D

snow_imp
04-10-2009, 01:14 PM
For £70 and possibly 300 people - even if it only brings in a few sales it might be worth it.

Ominicci
04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Sounds excellent!! I am currently looking at exhibiting/selling at a local event in November which is to showcase local businesses. It will have a fashion show and I think the idea is to encourage the business to offer a one off discount voucher to people who come, in the form of a goody bag. I am waiting for further info from the event organiser.

bustagasket
04-10-2009, 03:12 PM
sounds really cool lucy, go for it!

agent_44
04-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Sounds excellent!! I am currently looking at exhibiting/selling at a local event in November which is to showcase local businesses. It will have a fashion show and I think the idea is to encourage the business to offer a one off discount voucher to people who come, in the form of a goody bag. I am waiting for further info from the event organiser.

Sounds good Nikki! I like the concept of vouchers in a goody bag, as you haven't really lost a lot if it doesn't work out. ;)

Emerald
Its a cheap way of reaching 300 people, i have given a couple of prizes recently to school balls and cards for the Ladies goody bags, if you order your cards from vista you can 500 for around a tenner and they dont even come with the Vista free bit on the back anymore either. x

agent_44
sounds really cool lucy, go for it!

I think I will Su :) Lots of work to do in which case....

bustagasket
04-10-2009, 03:45 PM
you can do it hun, and you will make a success of it. (i would freak out lol)

agent_44
04-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Well, I have being working on a cash flow forecast, and I have to say that I am freaking out!

I've worked out what I need to spend, but so far aint got a clue how or where I am going to sell!