PDA

View Full Version : A sneak-peek at a future collection

mochiandmocha
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone!

We made a couple of custom pendants a while ago from an original idea that we had, and they were so popular with everyone who saw them that we've decided to make a collection based on the same techniques.

Have a look at our blog: "Elements" collection in progress - Nezumiz Diaries (http://nezumiz.over-blog.com/article-36890380.html)

What do you think? We just love the contrast between the silver and the enamel! A tricky piece to make with so many stages that can and do go wrong, but very rewarding!
We even had to make our own tools for blocking out areas when enamelling...
Anyway, we'll post a pic of the finished pieces! ^_^

If you'd like Mochi and Mocha to keep you posted on anything that's happening in their happy little burrow, you can suscribe to our blog newsletter!

Happy tinkering!

MuranoSilver
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Loving the new elements collection and the colours you've chosen for the enamels too :)
Nic xx

Ominicci
03-10-2009, 06:16 PM
They are very pretty! Do you have to get them hallmarked before putting enamels on them or can it be done afterwards?

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm not keen - they're not to my taste I'm afraid.

Kalorlo
03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Ooh, interesting! Are the circles you've punched out usable too, or does that deform them too much?

caroleallen
03-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I like the light and shade achieved by the etching. Enamelling is definitely my thing.

Jayne
03-10-2009, 09:25 PM
love the etching - really nice detail :)
like the manga influence on your site too :)
J x

Lisa Quinn
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Wonderful idea, I love the etched designs that you have used, I'm not keen on wearing strong or bright colours myself and therefore would probably be a "water" person.

Lisa xx

snow_imp
04-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Sounds an intriguing collection, I look forward to seeing the finished pieces.

mochiandmocha
04-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Should we get them hallmarked? You mean get them stamped with 925 or something like that? We've never done it so far but maybe we should consider doing it in the future.

Yes the extra circles can be used, in fact we turned them into new tools (soldered a copper pin at the back). At first, putting the enamel on the pierced pieces while avoiding the holes was a nightmare, now we put the tools in the corresponding holes, sprinkle the powder over the whole piece, lift up the tools and voila, the holes are still clean! Saves a lot of time and stress:Y:
BTW the holes are punched using Cookson's disc cutting set - the time saved in cutting those small discs!!!!! Anyone knows where we could find one that cuts larger discs? How do you all make circles, sawing and filing?

We'll be sure to post photos of the finished pieces, still have a lot of stuff to finish, a vampire jewellery designing competition in Caithness to judge (and a custom prize to make after the winner's design!), then we'll have more time for the fancy stuff!

Merci beaucoup for all the encouragement!

Mochi & Mocha aka "The Mochs"

Ominicci
04-10-2009, 02:12 PM
There are a couple of threads on here about hallmarking (see below), but legally you have to hallmark anything that is over 7.78g in weight for sterling silver, otherwise you cannot sell it as sterling silver! The 925 mark is not a hallmark.

Hallmarking (http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/business-marketing-jewellery-industry/470-hallmarking.html)

Displaying Hallmarking info (http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/business-marketing-jewellery-industry/826-displaying-hallmarking-information.html)

Lindyloo
04-10-2009, 10:32 PM
They are lovely. I even like them without enamel. There is a larger disc cutting set selling on ebay at the moment.

mochiandmocha
05-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks again for your help and comments everyone!
We like them without enamel ,too so it was a bit of a dilemma when we wondered whether to leave them 100% silver or not, but we'll give it a go and if we're not happy we'll definitely make them without colours! ^_^
We'll go have a look at that disc cutter right away and see if we can afford it -_-'...

Mochi and Mocha