PDA

View Full Version : Even more lampies

Di Sandland
03-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Well, I'm in trouble because I just reserved these from Annelyse (http://www.annelysetaylor.co.uk/page2.htm). My work is all about the north Devon coast and these beads just fit so well into my general scheme of things. He who must be obeyed is looking very grey in the face and he keeps huffing a lot. Can't think why :-"

bustagasket
03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh Di they are heavenly

Solunar Silver Studio
03-10-2009, 10:11 AM
They are just so amazing....who needs a crystal ball when you can gaze into those little beauties!!

Kalorlo
03-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh, gorgeous. I really love those ones - they look like cross-sections of shipwrecks!

Emerald
03-10-2009, 07:55 PM
.....stunning..... i wanted the batiq ones but they had already sold:'(

The Dragon
03-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I did look at those for a long time I love the sea and the power of water, they are so stunning but my calling at the moment is around flora and fauna so I managed to resist them (just).

After your last piece with Rob's beads I can't wait to see what you do with these.

:)

Emerald
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
aaah if the Oh saw how much i had spent on Lampies this week he would have an epiletic fit lol, and there is still the show at the motorcycle museum to come this month xx

Charlotte
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Very Westward Ho!=D>

You guys are really turning me into a bead lover these days.

Emerald
03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
well some have ther passion about sparkly diamonds etc but since i have found lampwork this seems to be mine, i cant get enough of it and until i get a torch in my hands and make my own I WILL NOT BE HAPPY

Di Sandland
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
well some have ther passion about sparkly diamonds etc but since i have found lampwork this seems to be mine, i cant get enough of it and until i get a torch in my hands and make my own I WILL NOT BE HAPPY

You and me both, Jo. I think what some people do with glass is absolutely stunning.

Emerald
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
You and me both, Jo. I think what some people do with glass is absolutely stunning.

Di what ever you do do not i mean do not go over to the Fritt happens forum site it is serious Lampwork and i will not be held responsible for the result xx

Di Sandland
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
No - I must admit I have looked and thought for a moment or two. I would get too seriously addicted and my poor OH's heart wouldn't be able to stand the stress. Poor old sod that he is

Pandanimal
04-10-2009, 07:43 AM
He he he. I am sitting here giggling to myself. I feel the same here looking at all the wonderful silver work you all do.
I want to do it too!

snow_imp
04-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Gorgrous beads!

Petal
04-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi Di,

Beads seems like such an insignificant word to call those 'beauties', doesn't it! I think they are works of art and are SO stunning and I, too, can't wait to see what you do with them.

Love []

MuranoSilver
04-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh my goodness Di, those are gorgeous!
Can't wait to see what you do with them :)
Nic x

Annelyse
04-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post

You two are doomed!!!;)

...and here is why (explained by Schermo, beadmaker extraordinaire who says it much better than I would ever do it):

"...I started buying glass beads to use in necklaces and earrings. The more I bought, the more I learned. The more I learned, the more I wanted. The more I wanted, the more jewelry I had to make and sell in order to afford the beads I now NEEDED. Bead Addiction: it's not a pretty sight.

And in the midst of my obsession, an idea took hold. I had heard about glass beadmaking, I had even seen it demo'ed a couple times. It looked fascinating, but I actually thought that the biggest problem was that I would probably cut myself on the sharp edges of the glass. ( Silly me.... as if I would even feel it after I burned myself in the 1700 degree flame of the torch ! ) Fantasies over came fears (as they often do) and in March 1999, I signed up for a class with one of the BEST lampworking teachers in the country, ( just my humble opinion, of course ) KATE FOWLE and took her two day beginning beadmaking class. I was hooked.

That class taught me not only the necessary basics, but also confirmed that I seemed to have a knack for it. (Confirmed by the fact that I was still in possession of all my limbs when the class was over. Along with some awful looking little beads.) I went home, ordered my equipment and my glass rods, and started cleaning out the garage. I was on a mission. My husband was so happy that I was tackling the garage, he forgot to ask why.
Serves him right.

Now I have a beadmaking studio in the garage, and I spend several days a week making beads, or teaching beadmaking to others. (Nothing like being an enabler!) I have upgraded my equipment, added additional ventilation and cooling, and bought a digital controller for the kiln which handles all the steps of adjusting the temperature so I don't have to keep running out to the garage to mess with it while the beads are annealing. This past year I bought another torch; BIGGER, hotter and scary looking..." (from Schermo's website)

Thank you for all the nice comments about the beads!:X

Di Sandland
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Ah, thanks a bunch Annelyse! I knew I was doomed anyway but, for now, I will just feed my addiction with your beads. :worthy:

Annelyse
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
:):):):)

I started with a bead addiction (which I still have) but now I have a glass addiction on top...

...and if you ever are around Aberdeen I will let you play on my torch.

Emerald
04-10-2009, 03:29 PM

I started with a bead addiction (which I still have) but now I have a glass addiction on top...

oooh oooh i am on my way see you in about seven hours lol x

Di Sandland
04-10-2009, 04:35 PM

I might just have to go stay with my baby bro. He's in Falkirk but its nearer than Devon!

Di Sandland
30-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Just a heads up - Annelyse (http://www.annelysetaylor.co.uk/page2.htm) will be putting some new beads up this evening. As I can't afford any this month, I'm happy to let everybody else know ;)

About 5 o'clock she said (and she'll kill me for doing this =:-O)

Trudy
30-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Oooooh I have spent so much on beads this week already but I am very tempted :) :) Thank you for letting us know :Y:

Carl Martin
30-10-2009, 10:12 PM
I have to admit I have a fondness to lampworking and glass, in fact spent a few hours with a lampworker on Thursday and this afternoon with another person who actually trained and worked on Murano for a very long time. Very interesting stuff.