PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy diamonds?

Siskin
20-08-2021, 10:21 AM
Having practiced with setting CZ for a while, I'd like to start making diamond jewellery for friends and family.
Where do I start, when it comes to sourcing diamonds?
Are there "reputable" diamond dealers?

(I'm UK based, if that matters).

Thank you!

ps_bond
20-08-2021, 10:45 AM
For small volume, Wards are good; if you're working more with them then there are others such as R M Weare, Worldshiner and a fair few others. But if you only want one or two, I'd go with Wards.

Dennis
20-08-2021, 10:50 AM
There will be lots of recommendations here in the next few days, but if I were buying, I would to to AE Ward in Hatton Garden.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=AE+Ward+Hatton+Gardem Dennis.

Siskin
20-08-2021, 01:42 PM
Thanks Peter & Dennis! Just had a quick look at Wards - they have a nice selection.
Although I was expecting to see information about the diamond: colour, clarity, and so on. They seem to just give a price and weight?

Siskin
20-08-2021, 02:37 PM
Having looked more closely at some of their diamonds, I now see that colour and clarity are specified against some of their stones.
Thanks for pointing me at Wards!

Caro
14-10-2021, 09:36 PM
Hopping on to this thread - AE Ward stones are too big for me at the moment.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable seller of 1.5-2mm diamonds?

Dennis
15-10-2021, 10:10 AM
Wards are a go-to family firm for professionals. Diamonds are expensive, but they sell all sizes at a price judged to be fair. Prior to Covid, their showroom was always busy to overflowing.

Register online, to be offered wholesale prices.

It's possible someone here will recommend an alternative, Dennis.

china
15-10-2021, 11:46 AM
The Diamond industry around the world is a Mafia like enterprise, a few companies such as Wards do not seem to to take part in this, and are happy to sell there products to all.

Caro
15-10-2021, 02:15 PM
The trouble with Wards is that they sell engagement ring size diamonds and I just want chips for accents. There are plenty available online but I'm fussy about my stones provenance and I want to know what I'm getting and where it's come from.

china
15-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Wards have 1.1mm diamonds
https://www.wardgemstones.com/stones/diamonds/brilliant-diamond-white-si-1-1mm-round.html

Caro
15-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Wards have 1.1mm diamonds
https://www.wardgemstones.com/stones/diamonds/brilliant-diamond-white-si-1-1mm-round.html

Oh fabulous - thank you! I couldn't find any smaller ones. Price is considerably better than Kernowcraft ( which was my last resort!)

art925
20-10-2021, 10:21 AM
Give them a call, just because it is not online does not mean it is not available.

Lee219
04-01-2022, 02:36 PM
Hi, can anyone suggest somewhere to buy lab grown diamonds (wholesale or with a trade account) ? The best I can find is from the US but with import tax it isn't much cheaper than to buy retail in the UK (Where I'm living)

ps_bond
04-01-2022, 03:50 PM
Within the UK I know of Bring Diamonds (who grow them); within Europe I tend to use Madestones, but an increasing number of diamond dealers will source them these days.