PDA

View Full Version : Where did everybody go?

bustagasket
03-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Ok who shot all the cookies, there seemed to be no more posts last night and i have just got up and signed in to find there were no posts over night!! Now i know you lot are party animals :P but what am i supposed to read this morning???

Get up and start posting will ya? i have things to learn for goodness sake!:-"[[]]

Solunar Silver Studio
03-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Looks like you might need to get some housework done instead, Su'!! Still - I'm not complaining! I always miss out on Fridays because I look after my grandson from breakfast until about 9pm so can only pop in every so often when he is otherwise occupied. This lull will give me a chance to catch up a bit!!:Y:

bustagasket
03-10-2009, 06:26 AM
lol i have to continue all the clearing in Riks room today, then i might get the normal saturday work done lol.

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm here! :dance:

caroleallen
03-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm gonna be busy today as I've got 3 students in, so no gossiping today for me!

Emerald
03-10-2009, 07:44 AM
theres lots of green lights on x

Pandanimal
03-10-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm here too, but reading not posting.
And looking at the time I shouldn't be here, I should be up and about and doing things. I have a kiln full of beads that were annealed last night to open and drool over!

Di Sandland
03-10-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm here but catching up on yesterday cos I didn't get to the pc. A day without the pc - unheard of for years!

Emerald
03-10-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm here but catching up on yesterday cos I didn't get to the pc. A day without the pc - unheard of for years!

thought you were quiete yesterday x

bustagasket
03-10-2009, 08:17 AM
EVERYONE was quiet yesterday lol

Emerald
03-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm here too, but reading not posting.
And looking at the time I shouldn't be here, I should be up and about and doing things. I have a kiln full of beads that were annealed last night to open and drool over!

photos photos x

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 08:57 AM
It isn't a competition, but I bet I was the quietest on here yesterday :dance:

Di Sandland
03-10-2009, 08:58 AM
nope! You lose. I didn't post at all and I happen to know that you did ;)

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Blast! - you people are tooooo sharp for me :respekt:

lesley
03-10-2009, 09:16 AM
I only posted once yesterday.
I wanted to say more but had to hold myself back. ;)

Emerald
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Blast! - you people are tooooo sharp for me :respekt:

yer a bad bad boy Geti

lesley
03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
What you still doing here!
Have you polished up the tiara and checked for vpl? :D
And don't forget a clean hanky.
Seriously though, good luck to you both and have a blast.

Emerald
03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
What you still doing here!
Have you polished up the tiara and checked for vpl? :D
And don't forget a clean hanky.
Seriously though, good luck to you both and have a blast.

just waiting for the Zoo keeper x oh and thank you x

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 09:36 AM
I wanted to say more but had to hold myself back.

I think the whole internet juddered to a halt for a brief second caused by worldwide modem crashes at one stage - you could hear a pin drop at this end - all's well that ends well though. :Y:

Di Sandland
03-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I think the whole internet juddered to a halt for a brief second caused by worldwide modem crashes at one stage - you could hear a pin drop at this end - all's well that ends well though.

Alan, I know that feeling sooo well.

bustagasket
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
glad to see you have all woken up! well some of you anyway :P

lesley
03-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I hardly slept as the wind kept me awake (parp!) so I'm awake but not quite all here.

kymbi
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
...I'm awake but not quite all here.

I know that feeling all too well - my light is on but no-one's home. I'm hoping my son-and-heir will make me a nice bacon butty in a minute to get my system kickstarted :Y:

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm hoping my son-and-heir will make me a nice bacon butty in a minute

Now you're talking. I've just had a sausage and bacon baguette with plum tomatoes, and a big slug of coffee in my Amaretto liqueur.

I didn't eat all the tomatoes though because I'm on a diet :)

bustagasket
03-10-2009, 10:37 AM
STOP IT !!!Bacon is the hardest smell for me to deal with

Kalorlo
03-10-2009, 10:44 AM
I was making things last night! (Was trying to get a stiff edge on sections of European 4-1, with variable rates of success :juggle:)

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 10:56 AM
STOP IT !!!Bacon is the hardest smell for me to deal with

Sorry about that - I'll edit my post to take your mind off the sizzzzzzling bacon - please everybody, do NOT mention bacon any more.

Now you're talking. I've just had a muesli and fig baguette (without bacon or sausage) plum tomatoes and a big slug of skimmed milk in my diluted water.

I didn't eat all the tomatoes though because I'm on a diet and there wasn't any sizzzzzling bacon or sausages in site - nowhere to be seen - at all - nada - nowt - oh no siree - no bacon :^o

kymbi
03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I promise not to mention the "B" word again, but let's just say that I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face ~ thank you, my son :D

About 25 years ago, I went veggie and everyone I knew bet I'd only last a month because of that naughty "B" ~ I lasted nearly 5 years by substituting fried eyes and brown sauce butties instead. Where there's a will n'all that.....;)

Di Sandland
03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I just had a crispy bacon baguette, bacon sizzlingly good. And a mug of builders' tea. It was good, very good. Sorry Su' but with grey skies and howling winds there's nowt better.

This afternoon I'm weaving some of the 1000 copper jump rings I have into a bracelet.

bustagasket
03-10-2009, 11:15 AM
I am soooooooooooooo gonna smack you Alan!

lesley
03-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I am soooooooooooooo gonna smack you Alan!

Oooo, can we watch.

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh dear, grey skies and howling winds - Winter's a coming! Better batten down the hatches and stock up on bac... erm... muesli for the long nights ahead.

Moon can you stop mentioning bacon, can't you see Su's suffering here - I'll smack her for you Su' :-"

geti-titanium
03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Oooo, can we watch.

Lesley, please restrain yourself - we'll have no naughtiness here :)

bustagasket
03-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Lesley, please restrain yourself - we'll have no naughtiness here :)

Alan that just isnt going to happen, if you are on the forum there will be naughtiness#-o

The Dragon
03-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Sorry Su I was up at the crack of dawn (well 5.30 anyway) as I had to be at work for 7. Only just got in so I'm doing a bit of catchup before I start. If it makes you feel better I had a Morrisons salad and a slice of honeydew melon for lunch. I'm so cold at the moment after unloading a delivery in all that wind I'm going to have a hot whiskey toddy (a weak one) 'cos I think I'm coming down with something.

Don't slap Alan too hard he always makes me smile when I've had a c*** day, he does come out with some pearlers.:dance:

Emerald
03-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Pearlers are the only thing he does seem to come out with!

snow_imp
04-10-2009, 07:55 AM
I had a day without computers yesterday - being a computer programmer during the week, I like to try and get 24 hours without computer access one day a week. Doesn't always work and I did spend some time yesterday afternoon thinking "shall I log on to look at the cookie's forum"? But I managed to resist.

This morning I got up to find no internet access in the house!!! But then a quick reboot of the wireless router fixed the problem - lucky that 'cos that's as far as my support knowledge goes :)

MuranoSilver
04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
ROFL - I love you guys, poor Su, they don't even do "dust" in Bacon flavour!
On the positive note there's sooooo much less of your loins to gird against that devilishly good smell....

Alan you're a tempting imp! :-D
nic xx

agent_44
04-10-2009, 12:57 PM
ROFL - I love you guys, poor Su, they don't even do "dust" in Bacon flavour!
On the positive note there's sooooo much less of your loins to gird against that devilishly good smell....

Alan you're a tempting imp! :-D
nic xx

Hehe! I prefer to call it goop, more accurate than dust!

Looking forward to having the unmentionable when I'm done with Lighter Life, should be able to manage it about April/May time, lol!

I wasn't here yesterday, I was mostly trying to make jewellery but on the whole buning holes in the carpet and thus sacrificing the deposit on my flat less than 2 weeks before I leave, breaking my Dremel and having to order a new one, and realising using my top opening kiln for enamelling is akin to suicide and buying a smaller front opening kiln instead. Yesterday was very expensive. I was in a strop for most of it :-O

Di Sandland
04-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I did wonder about the top opening kilns, Lucinda. You've confirmed my fears - I know theoretically it is sooo not possible to fall into a top loader but I just know its even more impossible to fall in to a front opening kiln!

agent_44
04-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't put it past myself to fall in to a top opening Kiln Di! Nic warned me she had never seen enamelling done with a top opener, but I thought seeing as I already had one I coudl scope out the danger. I was firing some PMC last night and whe it got to full temp, I opened it a teeny crack, and the heat was sooooo much more immense than Nic's SC2 when I used that on her course, there's no way I could do it safely!

MuranoSilver
04-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm so relieved you'll be getting a front loader for your enamels and other stuff.
(was worried about the prospect of you trying to do it in a top loader)

What did you order?
Nic xx

bustagasket
04-10-2009, 07:02 PM
pete came into my den tonight so i could show him some button moulds i made today and he then said - "but you havent got anything to fire them in" (you should have seen my grin) so i said (with downcast eyes) "yes i know i need a kiln, i can make these maybe on the stove but they wont be as strong as if they were made in a kiln" he didnt say anything else but i need to keep sewing the seeds lol. While we were in there he asked me what height my bench needed to be - i had shown him the £380 in Walshes as an example lol hes thinking more in the line of kitchen worktop but i dont really mind as long as its something!!!!!

agent_44
04-10-2009, 07:02 PM
So was I to be honest (I have a slight fear of kilns!), but I guess I am one of those people who has to see for themselves :). Although I consider my kiln to be big, it isn't as kilns go so I thought I would explore the possibility. I went for a Bead Cube for the fact that it was a good price, I won't need a big chamber for the enamelling, and I want to take up lampworking again, and this way I wont have to batch anneal my beads if I don't want to. I have the hotstart with a large chamber for everything else. Also the Bead Cube is nice and small so I will have space for it!

MuranoSilver
04-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Button Moulds Eh Su? Glad to see you're building your stock levels up :)
Lucinda A bead cube sounds perfect for the job!

nic xx

Emerald
04-10-2009, 07:15 PM
pete came into my den tonight so i could show him some button moulds i made today and he then said - "but you havent got anything to fire them in" (you should have seen my grin) so i said (with downcast eyes) "yes i know i need a kiln, i can make these maybe on the stove but they wont be as strong as if they were made in a kiln" he didnt say anything else but i need to keep sewing the seeds lol. While we were in there he asked me what height my bench needed to be - i had shown him the £380 in Walshes as an example lol hes thinking more in the line of kitchen worktop but i dont really mind as long as its something!!!!!

oh wow Su look at you, button moulds this week what next. I keep sewing the seeds about a lampwork torch but the ground round here is rather dense lmao xx

bustagasket
04-10-2009, 07:19 PM
oh wow Su look at you, button moulds this week what next. I keep sewing the seeds about a lampwork torch but the ground round here is rather dense lmao xx

are we married to the same guy?

Lisa Quinn
04-10-2009, 07:53 PM
My OH is really fab ( naturally I don't tell him too often! ), for birthday's, christmas and anniversaries, I put bookmarks in pages of the Cookson's Big Cook Book and the things that I have on my wishlist are highlighted, so I always get a surprise ( my wishlist is very long!!!). And today he took the kids swimming in the morning, and bike riding and bowling this afternoon so that I could have a whole day making jewellery and sorting stuff out for a two day fair I have coming up.

Just reread this post and I sound as if I'm showing off, but I'm not really because he is sooooooo not perfect, he doesn't do any housework, is messy, he snores like a walrus ( which has been really bad this week because he has had a cold!!), he is a bit too windy at nightime for my liking and has a good many other shortcomings, but all the thoughtful things that he does more than make up for them ( well .............maybe not the farting!:-O)

Good luck with the kiln plot Su,

Lisa x

bustagasket
04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
lol ty hun, hes been in a very good mood for the last few days (i have been working on him so hard lol) so i need to keep it up so that he becomes receptive to the idea, we have just had a few more words about it cos i just mentioned Luci top loader being wrong and he said "so you need a front loader" and i sid, "yes the most versitile one that will see me thru enamelling and other stuuff, and the one recommended by the cookies is the Paragon SC2" Wellll........if i gonna get one i want the one i will be happy with dont i?

Di Sandland
04-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Mine's just told me he's ordered me an anvil! He said it was to stop me nagging so much about it. I've only mentioned it a couple of times!

Emerald
04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Su is yours slumped in front of the telly?

bustagasket
04-10-2009, 08:09 PM
oh bless him!! you have got him well trained Di!

Di Sandland
04-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Took 24 years tho, Su. Let's just hope he realises its silversmithing I want to do and not blacksmithing ;)

Lisa Quinn
04-10-2009, 08:13 PM
ah but slumped in front of the telly is good .. it serves two very important purposes, number one - you know where they are and what they are doing and number two - they are not under your feet and you can get on with doing what you want to do without feeling guilty about sacrificing "quality time " with your beloved to solder a pendant.

L x

bustagasket
04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Took 24 years tho, Su. Let's just hope he realises its silversmithing I want to do and not blacksmithing ;)

Di i been married for over 26 years lol