PDA

View Full Version : Stage two of the move

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Well after a lot of jiggling and sorting i have got all of the boxes and bags into my car for just one journey, without blocking my vision through the rear window (i love removeable rear seats :D)

I have taken the bed apart and thats now in my poor hall and so i have a pretty empty room, apart from all the cupboards i filled on wednesday and his telly (i dunno what the OH wants me to do with it as kurt has already taken one) and my little tool boxes on the floor, desperately wanting to be unpacked and put into drawers and onto work benches lol.

So i am now just having a quick drink and thn i will be off to Rikkis room to move all the computer stuff off the desks so i can then break them down to move them into the new den (ignoring the horrid lack of Kurt in there at the moment, and then i can put them together and move the computers in and that will probably be it today - apart from a couple of photos later of them in situ.

Tomorrow i will need to get into Riks room and clear the floor of "bits" properly and move the filing cabinet into the den

snow_imp
02-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Hm, I guess the beautiful dog is going to have to find somewhere else the sit and lie once you have all those desks and stuff in place.

Good luck with this chunk of the move.

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
buster will lay anywhere as long as its next to me, poor thing is exhausted cos he has been following me back and forth to the car and from room to room, and everytime he lays down i move again, hes so lovely.

The glass desks should fit in along the window wall leaving me the other wall for jewellery benches of some description :D

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Well the desks are in and loaded, just a couple of odds and sods left.

Riks room now looks like a bombs hit it lol so i will move the filing cabinet into the den tomorrow and deliver Kurts stuff, and then start working in there to clear it all ready for the room to be moved around to make it a much nicer guest room.

But for me now I have had enough, by back is screaming and i want to sit quietly with some painkillers until i have to go and collect kit later this evening.

The desks fitted as i thought they would leaving me a nice wall for a bench and unit (i hope) and plenty of room in the middle to move around in and for Buster to lay in. :) Left Kurts old remote control cars on top of the wardrobe, as part of him :)

Emerald
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
looks like you are filling it up nicely Su lol hope you havent worked to hard xx

snow_imp
02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I hope the back pain eases off for you - I hate it when mine goes out.

I think the remote control cars look like they belong in the space :)

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
thanks hun, i'll be fine [[]]

MuranoSilver
02-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Love Buster looking like he's eyeing the Hoover suspiciously!
definately coming together for making!!!
Nic xx

geti-titanium
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
You've got the same vacuum cleaner as me :)

Pandanimal
02-10-2009, 04:46 PM
You are getting there!
I guess you kinda motivated!

Emerald
02-10-2009, 04:48 PM
You've got the same vacuum cleaner as me :)

poor Su has worked her butt off trying to get the room sorted, is that all you can say Geti 'you have the same vacuum as me' .............being a man do you know how to use it:(

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
lol yeah that hoover works hard here lol. Buster is my saviour and i owe him so much, he sticks to me like glue and i love him to bits.

The room is definately shaping up now, and it has certainly been hard work, but strangely enjoyable knowing that i will have a lovely bright room to work in, instead of a little corner in a northfacing dark place - which was perfect for Rik as he was photosensitive, but not good for matching colours when working on cards lol. I do like to have heaps of starage and this place, although large, is very bad on storage, but i have been able to put everything away in the new den which pleases me immensely.

So when i get a bench up i will be living in there lol. Would have been even nicer if i had been able to get that bench top organiser :'( but i guess it wasnt to be.

Just wonder now how long it will be before i can have whatever kind of bench i get. But at least i will be ready for it now :D

Hopefully by tomorrow night Riks room will be sorted and ready for its own shuffle, but i will definately have to wait for Pete for that cos i cant move the wardrobes on my own. but as long as its clear it will be ok :D

Then on sunday i am having a well deserved rest i think, apart from the taxi service. :D

Lisa Quinn
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Crikey Su, I'm exhausted reading your posts, I'm really hoping that you enjoy your space, but for goodness sake lady sit down before you fall down !!!

Love Lisa xx

PS : I also very jealous, my bench is the work top in the utility room ( note to self: do not try and solder when the washing machine is on a spin cycle!)

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
lol ty hun, i am shattered but it wil be well worth it :D

caroleallen
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Looks like a great space for you. Mind you I don't fancy the chances of the cream curtains once you've been in there drilling and polishing for a while! When I moved out of the spare room I had to throw away the carpet and curtains as they were so filthy.

Emerald
02-10-2009, 06:11 PM
i have seen those bench tidys elswhere i will have a search x

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 06:35 PM
the big ones? ooooooooooooo "waits with baited breath :D

Emerald
02-10-2009, 06:35 PM
HS WALSH have em (http://www.hswalsh.com/items.aspx?c=1097) have a desk tidy but no photo they also have a strip of wood with a magnetic bar on it to put your tools on x

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Looks like a great space for you. Mind you I don't fancy the chances of the cream curtains once you've been in there drilling and polishing for a while! When I moved out of the spare room I had to throw away the carpet and curtains as they were so filthy.

Yeah lol they are actually only the liners lol i did mention to Pete that i think i will need some blinds in there (cos it will be so hot in the summer and amazingly the light will be TOO much lol) I want me bench nowwwwwwwwww:-"

bustagasket
06-10-2009, 05:13 PM
further to the discussions about my need for a bench, pete and i have made a decision.

He has told me to go and get two pine chest of drawers like my mum has (very heavy duty and about the right height) and then he will get a 12' length of kitchen worktop (the block one which is more heavy duty, and cut a semi circle out of it for me to sit at. By having the two units each a third of the way along it will allow me three areas with leg space underneath (one each end and one in the middle) and then above where the drawers are i can use those areas for kilns and things :D

So i will go down hopefully this week and order the drawers. Gotta take the dragon out one day at the weekend cos its her 81st birthday today, but i will certainly try to get them ordered this week. :D

OMG I am soooo excited!!!!

MuranoSilver
06-10-2009, 05:20 PM
How high are those drawers Su? :)
The ideal height of a Jewellery Bench is about the same height as a kitchen worktop. A bench pin in the cutout should be at about breastbone height.
(I don't want you aggravating that back of yours ;))
Nic xx

bustagasket
06-10-2009, 05:25 PM
How high are those drawers Su? :)
The ideal height of a Jewellery Bench is about the same height as a kitchen worktop. A bench pin in the cutout should be at about breastbone height.
(I don't want you aggravating that back of yours ;))
Nic xx

i went into mums and checked both of her sets and one set appears to be the right height - it has 5 drawers and when i am standing its kinda in the middle of my ribs (same as my kitchen units) so hopefully it will mean that when i sit on my chair it will be right, i dont wanna knock him back really as its the first time he has really offered anything and the drawers will be great storage, and i think its about right (you know what a short arse i am lol)

MuranoSilver
06-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Coolio kitchen unit height should be about perfect :D

agent_44
06-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Brilliant news Su :D That's one hurdle overcome, next the kiln :D

bustagasket
07-10-2009, 06:03 AM
How fab Su,

All that space to yourself!

Made a space for the kiln to be yet? :rofl:

Brilliant news Su :D That's one hurdle overcome, next the kiln :D