PDA

View Full Version : Just a Quickie

The Dragon
01-10-2009, 09:41 PM
No Geti - not that type of quickie!

I was going through the list of things I need to do in the near future with my OH (in case he can help with anything) and the subject of Business Cards came up. The general consensus is I will probably go with Moo, I know what I want to put on in the way of pictures etc. What we can't agree/decide on is the title.

Should I call myself a Jewellery Designer or should I call my self a Jewellery Artisan. Both have their merits but I'm more concerned with public perception and sellability.

:feedback:

geti-titanium
01-10-2009, 09:49 PM
No Geti - not that type of quickie!

Good grief - you know me so well. just as I was clicking on this thread I was thinking jokingly to myself 'Who wants a quickie?' and lo and behold the first thing I see is my name :-D

'Jewellery Designer' sounds more contemporary to me and 'Artisan' just sounds too arty f*rty and old fashioned.

agent_44
01-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree with Geti :)

Lindyloo
01-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Problem is, you're a jewellery designer-maker. Artisan Jeweller is shorter. Does sound a bit oldy worldy, kind of like a blacksmith though. I'm not much help. Like to see what others think.

The Dragon
01-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Good grief - you know me so well. just as I was clicking on this thread I was thinking jokingly to myself 'Who wants a quickie?' and lo and behold the first thing I see is my name :-D

How could I think of another at a time like that :X

Lisa Quinn
01-10-2009, 10:02 PM
I agree with Geti as well, I think jewellery designer sounds more sophisticated.

Lisa xx

bustagasket
01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I hate to agree with Alan but yeah its designer for me too :p

Emerald
02-10-2009, 07:01 AM
in the end i just put jeweller on mine but we have a heading of Trinkets and tins with handcrafted underneath that then the jeweller is under my name we both have our own cards exactly the same but different lol

amazingbabe
02-10-2009, 07:15 AM
I think desingner aswell xx:)

snow_imp
02-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I think designer so that people don't think you just follow any old pattern you find. To me it sounds more impressive to "design" than "make" - mainly 'cos I just "make" things right now and would love to be able to design my own.