PDA

View Full Version : A silver something made by me....

Lisa Quinn
01-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I went into work earlier today and finished at 12.00pm, so have had time to finish a couple of things this afternoon. The amethyst ring is for a lady who bought a pendant from me earlier in the year, she wanted a matching ring, the pendant was 2 inches in diameter so I made the ring about 1 inch wide and am now hoping she will like it!

I'm doing another half day tomorrow, not sure whether to do the hoovering and washing or perhaps.
PS: IT is not one of my areas of expertise, so fingers crossed that this works !

Emerald
01-10-2009, 06:03 PM
i really like the pendant and earrings but especially the ring from the set:Y:

lesley
01-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh, I love the earrings in your annoying range!
Such a pretty ring.......and nice clean fingernails. :)

bustagasket
01-10-2009, 06:09 PM
they are all really nice well done! I am sure she will love the ring :D

Kalorlo
01-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Those are really nice! I particularly like the circly ones :D

amazingbabe
01-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Really really gorgeous, all of them, how did you make those petals so perfect on the amethyst, when i make my flower rings you would know that the flowers are hand made as they are still a bit rough but yours are perfect....:)

mizgeorge
01-10-2009, 06:49 PM
really, really like both of those! :Y: :Y:

Jayne
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
ooooh......such lovely stuff!!! drooling for that pendant!!(just noticed - there's no drooling smilie)
J x

Lisa Quinn
01-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks everyone you are such lovely generous people. :ta:

Gayle , my petals are all down to George and her micromesh ( see finishing thread) , I was desperately trying to get a true mirror finish and it was driving me mental, I got them in the post the other day and have been in seventh heaven ever since.

LO Lisa x

caroleallen
01-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Really lovely Lisa. Particularly like the circles ring. I'm sure your customer will love them.

Rustic Charm
01-10-2009, 09:27 PM
hi lisa, did you make all the little circles yourself or did you use jump rings??
how did you get them all nice and flat and even?? i'm doing something similar for a lady at the moment and for some reason it is driving me up the wall!! my soldering seems to have gone to pot and as soon as a try to planish it i end up breaking circles off again!!!
Help Please x

MuranoSilver
01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Love the ring it's gorgeous :)
Circles would look great filled with resin too! :-D
nic x

Lisa Quinn
01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Thank you very much lovely ladies xx

Bridget, I've tried to make things with round jump rings before and because the contact surface areas are quite small the soldered join was very fragile , so I used different diameter tube and cut them all to the same depth (about 3mm) with a chenier cutter, then soldered them all with solder paste, (tried pallions but they do hop around and when you are soldering so many joins in one go this is a much easier method and they appear to be quite sturdy (touch wood !)). The even surface area was achieved by taping really coarse wet and dry to the workbench and rubbing the pendant/earring/ring over it until it was all completely even. I tumbled it to get it lovely and shiny rather than planishing it and then gave them a rub with a rouge cloth held taught in a vice.

Hope this helps

Emerald
02-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Love the ring it's gorgeous :)
Circles would look great filled with resin too! :-D
nic x

i made something similar at college and filled all the tiny circles with different coloured enamel thy looked fab but my sister nicked the earrings and then proceeded to lose them#-o

Charlotte
02-10-2009, 07:17 AM
They are gorgeous, really nicely finished! The one with circles has great potential to be really developed into a million other ideas. You going to make full collections out of them both?

Fiona
02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I love your annoying circles set.... gorgeous

CDW Designs
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I went into work earlier today and finished at 12.00pm, so have had time to finish a couple of things this afternoon. The amethyst ring is for a lady who bought a pendant from me earlier in the year, she wanted a matching ring, the pendant was 2 inches in diameter so I made the ring about 1 inch wide and am now hoping she will like it!

I'm doing another half day tomorrow, not sure whether to do the hoovering and washing or perhaps.
PS: IT is not one of my areas of expertise, so fingers crossed that this works !

Hi Lisa
Lovely pendant and ring, love them. Was it easy to do?
:dancing: (love these)

Lisa Quinn
02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi Lisa
Lovely pendant and ring, love them. Was it easy to do?
:dancing: (love these)

The pendant is quite easy to do, it's the finishing which takes a lot of time and patience, but the ring aaaarrggghh, I made a frame ( a bit like a bezel) to hold all the circles and everytime I proceeded to the next solder stage the flippin solder would leak from the border seam and I'm a bit particular about hidden seams, so in the end I put a ring of solder paste all along the seam as the last process and then sanded it down so that you can't see the join.

Thankyou, I can't believe how generous you have all been with your feedback, I tend to be really overcritical of my work as a I know it is neither perfect or really creative and unusual, so thanks for a huge confidence boost.

LL

Lisa x

Jayne
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
we only tell the truth ;)
J x

Di Sandland
03-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Lisa, sorry I'm late to the party but just have to add my admiration about your work. Its all gorgeous and the circles are brilliantly done. What a brilliant idea for a range of stuff eh?

:respekt:

kymbi
03-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Just catching up with you Lisa - both great designs! I love your annoying circles set :Y:

Ominicci
03-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Fantastic items!! I love the flower ring.