PDA

View Full Version : Making ends meet

Edelle
21-02-2021, 06:42 PM
What is the easiest way to get ring and bangle ends to meet with no gaps ready for soldering . It seems to take me an age to get it right.

ps_bond
21-02-2021, 09:27 PM
Close them up as close as possible, run a fine sawblade through. Close it up and see if it's adequate; if not, run the saw through again.

Dennis
21-02-2021, 10:19 PM
Have a look at Andrew Berry on rings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaU5acww9gc. Bangles are just a bigger version of that. Dennis.

Edelle
22-02-2021, 09:46 AM
Thanku for your reply. I do use a saw blade to cut through and I have previously watched Andrew Berry's technique which I like but I think I need to practice sawing in a straight line as I seem to veer off a bit. Probably just practice.

Dennis
22-02-2021, 10:40 AM
Thanku for your reply. I do use a saw blade to cut through and I have previously watched Andrew Berry's technique which I like but I think I need to practice sawing in a straight line as I seem to veer off a bit. Probably just practice.

If you hold the ends tightly together while sawing, you can saw at a bit of an angle, and the ends will still match. Dennis

Edelle
22-02-2021, 05:41 PM
If you hold the ends tightly together while sawing, you can saw at a bit of an angle, and the ends will still match. Dennis

Thanku Dennis will try that.