PDA

View Full Version : Seeds of a New Idea

The Dragon
30-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I've been having a few thoughts about producing a small range of necklace sets called 'English Garden' Basically I want to combine various stylised flowers made in metal clay with some of the lampwork beads I have, using SowZerE threads

My Copprclay arrived this morning (on my day off!), so I've made a start.

Apologies for the poor quality of the picture it was taken on my camera phone, it's too late at night to set the big camera up.

This is a picture of the rosebud I am working on, I have literally put the basic elements together at this stage and I am waiting for it dry to hard. There are a couple of leaves to add which will, I hope, keep the face of the rose pointing outwards, and of course all the sanding and finishing. I have put it next to one of the beads it will go with to give you some idea of where I'm coming from.

I hope you like what I've done so far.

Ominicci
30-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Photo is good! And they look good together already! That rose is perfect :Y:

bustagasket
01-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Oh watch a great match!!! thats gonna be brilliant, love those beads too

Emerald
01-10-2009, 08:37 AM
that rose is beautiful how are you going to attach it to the necklace?

caroleallen
01-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Looking good so far.

Jayne
01-10-2009, 09:04 AM
'English garden' - what a fab idea!
I'm sure it will look beautiful :)
J x

snow_imp
01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
They look great together - can't wait to see what you do with them later.

Lindyloo
01-10-2009, 01:06 PM
That's a lovely idea. And a great name too.:Y:

EmmaRose
01-10-2009, 02:10 PM
nice work! I do love the new clays...
Em

The Dragon
01-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I love working with this medium as well.

I started a ceramics course at my local collage about 10 years ago, I loved every minute of it even though I found it hard but they closed it after 1 term because too many people dropped out to make it viable.

The feel of the Copprclay reminds me of that, somehow PMC/Artclay feels a lot lighter and softer - does that make any sense?

I can't wait until I can fire the pieces, I want these to be a nice deep rich shiney colour so I'm going to add Renaissance Wax to them. :Y:

The Dragon
09-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I thought I'd just post a quick update on this project. Most of you have seen the 1st incarnation, it's at the begining of this thread. This picture shows the piece just before firing, I need to go over it with a little wire wool and then a quick go with the baby wipes (thanks Nic.) and away she goes. I won't get around to firing it until Sunday as I'm at work tmr and it's going to be a long process. All I need to do now is figure out the coil spacers and fastenings and I'm good to go.

snow_imp
10-10-2009, 07:36 AM
They look so delicate - how do you manage to work so finely?!