PDA

View Full Version : recommendation of gemmoogist

Ankolosova
04-01-2021, 11:54 PM
Good day. in those troubled times I am looking for a gemmologist to give opinion on several brown diamonds I have in my hands. I have tested them with local jeweler and he confirmed they are diamonds but still would like to get more info including price. maybe you can recommend some ideally in London / south west London / Surrey area or elsewhere at the end.... Hoping for some luck in my search! TX

china
05-01-2021, 02:39 AM
I can't comment on the UK, although have your check book handy.

ps_bond
05-01-2021, 07:40 AM
I can probably find someone, but unless they're particularly impressive specimens, you'll probably spend more on a report than the stones are worth.
Brown, "Champagne" (still brown), salt & pepper (heavily included) and black (borderline industrial) diamonds are on the less valuable end of the spectrum.

pearlescence
05-01-2021, 10:09 AM
Perhaps you could so some research yourself re price etc..ebay, relevant websites, gemporia..

Ankolosova
05-01-2021, 02:07 PM
I can probably find someone, but unless they're particularly impressive specimens, you'll probably spend more on a report than the stones are worth.
Brown, "Champagne" (still brown), salt & pepper (heavily included) and black (borderline industrial) diamonds are on the less valuable end of the spectrum.

thank you Peter, I was recommended yesterday to use Kerry Gregory from Gemmology rocks, to be honest , will try her as her website looks very good plus recommendation. I think I know stones are quite cheap but really wanted to get some pricing idea for those, as local guy who looked at them only said I got them at a good price and should be happy.

Ankolosova
05-01-2021, 02:09 PM
Perhaps you could so some research yourself re price etc..ebay, relevant websites, gemporia..

TX indeed I did some but wanted to get some more idea to reconfirm my thoughts.... I don't think they are worth proper certification but more of honest opinion...

ps_bond
05-01-2021, 02:30 PM
thank you Peter, I was recommended yesterday to use Kerry Gregory from Gemmology rocks, to be honest , will try her as her website looks very good plus recommendation. I think I know stones are quite cheap but really wanted to get some pricing idea for those, as local guy who looked at them only said I got them at a good price and should be happy.

Kerry's definitely one to talk to (I was going to check with her before recommending...).

Ankolosova
05-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Kerry's definitely one to talk to (I was going to check with her before recommending...).

Thank you so much ! that is good to know! TX !!!!!