PDA

View Full Version : And the move begins.

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Well i got the dragons shopping out of the way, and then took her to the dentist and then to the doctors to collect her prescription and then finally got home for my crafting "day" lol.

I know i should be making xmas cards but Kurts room was calling and i cant move in Rikkis room trying to make them so i decided i would start filling all the cupboards etc in his room, so that when i delivers all the boxes and bags stacked in the corner at the weekend, i can then just dismantle the bed and move the card/candle glass desks in under the window.

So for the last hour i have been walking back and forth carrying 300 odd candles (they weigh a ton lol) and my back is screaming lol so i have stopped for some painkillers.

His built in wardrobe now has two large boxes of oriental candle holders, a third needs to be carried in tonight, but i slid these two along the floor. Then it has all the candles stacked in their size groups on the rest of the floor. On the big top shelf there is the two huge "really useful" boxes of stamps and then the box of embossing powders and another two with embellishments, and two boxes of dry oasis.

Thats about as full as i want it cos i need to be able to get stuff without having to empty half the cupboard for it lol

So in a few mins i will fill up me little washing up bowl and go and wash out all the free standing wardrobes and drawers and shelves ready to fill up with all the a4 acrylic boxes of paper and card (all colour sorted) and the embellishments boxes and peel off boxes.

(Do you get the feeling i like everything in clear plastic boxes?)

Hopefully i will get everything in on that side of the room leaving a clear floor (woot) which will be so much easier to work in.

Once the bed goes and the glass desk moves in i will have a far better lit room to make cards and stuff in.

If i have measured everything correctly that will leave me with approximately a 12' wall for benches and units for jewellery making. Two distinct sides of the room fr the different crafts.

I will go and try to take some piccys to show you how its coming along :)

agent_44
30-09-2009, 12:08 PM
It'll be worth it when you're done, I hope your back eases up []

The room sounds fab though, massive in fact! Oh, and I have a bit of a thing for clear boxes too, lol!

amazingbabe
30-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Well done you xxx My room is a mess at the moment and my mam is coming to stay with me next week as hubby has to do nights (i'm a bit scaredy cat) so as it is the guest room aswell i have to have to tidy it,,,, Also snap on the back ache mine is agony now with one week and 4days i fell off my high heels[-o< And the tail end of my spine is agony,,,,, good luck with your tidying xx:X

The Dragon
30-09-2009, 12:32 PM
You sound wonderfully organised Su. I'm afraid my work desk only stays organised for about half an hour 'cos I like to have everything to hand once I start and as I usually go on way past by bedtime the clear up is not great.

That said you really will notice a big difference when you have more space it's so easy just reaching out and picking up what you need without having to trawl through cupboards to find things first. :)

Emerald
30-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Woop Woop just be careful Mrs x

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 12:41 PM
KK here come the first piccies - of the built in wardrobe now overflowing lol and the wall of drawers and cupboard and shelves for the "alternive crafts" lol (i.e non jewellery)

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 12:46 PM
And these two are of the window thats over 10' wide underneath which the two glass desks for the cards etc will go, and the the Jewelery wall!! No the telly wont be staying. The computer will go on one of the glass desks, but it doesnt really connect to the net, so i she still have to rely on my laptop.

amazingbabe
30-09-2009, 01:13 PM
You sure are getting there Su xxx:Y:

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I trying! lol

EmmaRose
30-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Looks good. Ikea candles by any chance? What do you do with them?
Em
x

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 02:10 PM
lol no not ikea, i have never been to an ikea place lol.

I decorate the candles hun, anyone on my FB can see the whole lot - but the pics are all on my old laptop so i cant show them here lol:(| But i make them for any occasion and they can be personalised, like for weddings and births and anniversaries etc, i can add what text i want, so come out quite nice. I enjoy doing them but i have the burns to prove it lol

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow i had hoped i would have some spare drawers but it hasnt happened lol, drawers and cupboards all full lol. Still got to find a home for the silk flowers and some odds and sods, but basically the craftin stuff is in apart from whats on the desk, as i was making xmas cards so i will go and clear it all ready for that to move in.

I cant do much more than that really cos i need kurts boxes out now so that the bed can be broken down and moved out and the glass desks moved in with all the computer stuff etc. Gotta move the household filing cabinet in too, but that will sit behind the door where his fishing stuff is lurking atm.

My jewellery stuff will have to stay in its boxes and go on shelves in in the small bedside drawer set for the moment until i can get the OH in a better mood and get help building the bench. then i can sort out where i want it all to go. I expect i will move stuff again once i am avctually in, according to how it all works. :)

So better get back to it as i have my weigh in tonight so time is limited.

EmmaRose
30-09-2009, 02:38 PM
well friend me on facebook then Su :)
Em

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 03:08 PM
lol what are you on under? have you got the same pic? I am under Su' Anscombe with the pic of my face that i have on my profile here

MuranoSilver
30-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Wow Sue that's a LOT of candles, things are getting ship shape pretty quickly now :)
Nic xx

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 03:23 PM
lol yeah just a few lol. I am done for the day now, having a quick break before i go to my LL class, cos her chairs are bloody uncomfy lol. Butit means on friday i can load the first lot of Kurts stuff in the car, ready to deliver at the weekend, and god help him if he says he is gonna be busy cos i have given him a weeks notice. Half of it will come back for the loft tho i know :( but if i can empty off the bed then i can break it down and hopefully get the glass tables in and the computer set up. There is a terrible lack of sockets in that room tho, and none in useful places!

snow_imp
30-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Wow, it looks like it'll all be done and dusted soon then. Then the fun begins.

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 06:26 PM
hope so :D

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 06:28 AM
As i sit reflecting on what i want to achieve today whilst sipping my refreshingly weak peppermint tea, i spare a moment for those poor souls who do not have the excitement of loading cars with boxes from their sons room, taking his bed apart and moving it into the hall, clearing off the glass desks in their spare rooms and dismantling them, only to have to reassemble them again in their new den sometime later. How sad that only i shall gain the pleasure of all this back breaking stuff today, i will even get to carry the old desktop into the den and put that all together (even tho i havent got the enxtension cords yet to turn it on) and then the "pièce de résistance" (insert french accent) I can drag the two drawer filing cabinet in just to make sure my back really knows its done a little work!!!

Sorry, i know you are all green with envy now, dont you just wish you had such a lot to look forward to? :Y::rofl:

MuranoSilver
02-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Ooooh I wish I had a chore day like that Su :^o :-D
nic xx

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 06:53 AM
I feel for you Nic, i really do, some of us have it, others dont :D heehee

amazingbabe
02-10-2009, 07:21 AM
You are still going strong Su :D Can't wait to have you settled !!!! How did LL go, i can't seem to find the original thread which i loved, seeing how everyone was getting along..... I have'nt walked in 2wks now as my back is still sore enough xxx:)

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 07:37 AM
aww sorry your back is still not good :( I lost another 2lb this wee so 30 gone now :D

snow_imp
02-10-2009, 07:48 AM
All the back breaking work with be worth it in the end when the room is yours and set up just as you want it. :)))

I'm trying to persuade myself that this weekend is a good time to start clearing through the junk in the spare room so that I can move on to decorating sometime in the next 6 months.

But since I've been saying that for the last 2 years I'm not too optimistic. Although I am borrowing a friends time to help out so she may bully me into it - which would be really useful!!

Anyone know how to fill in a hole in the sloping part of a ceiling since a built in wardrobe support has been removed???

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 07:55 AM
eep no - fraid i cant help you with that one

snow_imp
02-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Never mind about the hole - just asked someone here at work who seems to know such things - and now I have a list of things to go and check about the hole so he can "formulate" a solution for me to try - eep!

bustagasket
02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
fingers crossed :D