PDA

View Full Version : Some good news....

fi79
30-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I know I don't you all that well but I just wanted to share....my boyfriend of nearly 6 years proposed to me last night and I said "YES"! I'm engaged! Woohoo! :Y:

agent_44
30-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Woo Hoo indeed, that is fab news, congratulations!!! :D

amazingbabe
30-09-2009, 11:45 AM
<3<3 congratulations, best wishes forevererererer :))):dancing:

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 11:55 AM
woot!!! Thats fantastic news, huge congratulations :D

mizgeorge
30-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Congratulations!!! It took me 10 years before mine proposed, and another 11 years to actually get round to getting married :)

Wishing you all happiness for the future.

Petal
30-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Ahhh, that's lovely news! :dancing::))) I'm so pleased for you!! So, who's going to make the ring(s) then?????

The Dragon
30-09-2009, 12:24 PM
:dancing::))) CONGRATULATIONS :))):dancing:

Love and happiness to you both.

kymbi
30-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Congratulations :dance:

Lisa Quinn
30-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Many congratulations, everyone seems to be full of good news this week, I guess that's the lovely moon we have at the moment working it's wonders eh Di ?

Emerald
30-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Many congratulations, everyone seems to be full of good news this week, I guess that's the lovely moon we have at the moment working it's wonders eh Di ?

Lol just what i was about to say.

Aaaah congratulations Fi wishing you all the very best :~:

Solunar Silver Studio
30-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Ahhh!! Ain't love grand!!<3<3:<3:!! Congratulations!!:flowers:

What is missing here is a champagne quaffing smilie...I did mention it before...but think how much we could have used it this week!!!

Di Sandland
30-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Oh big congrats Fi and as far as the moon goes, well it is very auspicious!

It is waxing gibbous - that means its on its way to full - and its a good time for planting seeds that bear fruit. And that, my dear, is a very good analogy of engagement and marriage, the whole purpose of which is, traditionally to bear fruit.

Yup, don't think you could have chosen a better time (well, in moon terms at least).

x

bustagasket
30-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh big congrats Fi and as far as the moon goes, well it is very auspicious!

It is waxing gibbous - that means its on its way to full - and its a good time for planting seeds that bear fruit. And that, my dear, is a very good analogy of engagement and marriage, the whole purpose of which is, traditionally to bear fruit.

Yup, don't think you could have chosen a better time (well, in moon terms at least).

x

i had to read that twice to understand it, i am as thick as a brick sometimes:-O

MuranoSilver
30-09-2009, 02:19 PM
:))) CONGRATULATIONS :)))
How fabulous for you!!! (and himself too :-D)
nic xx

lorraineflee
30-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Congratulations - hope you will both be deliriously happy!
Lorraine

snow_imp
30-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Congratulations! :)))

Emerald
30-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Have you designed your ring yet Fi ?x

geti-titanium
30-09-2009, 08:53 PM
my boyfriend of nearly 6 years proposed to me last night and I said "YES"! I'm engaged! Woohoo!

What a disaster! Once again hopes are dashed, first Emerald, now you. I think the least you can do is order your wedding rings from GETi - best to get the order in really quickly :)

Congratulations as well by the way :Y:

Ominicci
30-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Congratulations Fi!!! Ignore Geti and do your own of course!!!

fi79
01-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts!! V.v.v.v excited!

Have you designed your ring yet Fi ?x

Well....the OH had already bought the engagement ring - it was presented to me on a plate instead of my dessert (first time I've ever not minded getting lemon merangue pie!) He got it from a shop in the Argyll Arcade (big jewellery shop mecca in Glasgow) all by himself. It's a brilliant cut half carat diamond solitare in a four claw setting on a platinum band. It's beautiful, very classic. It didn't come from a bespoke designer but he really did a fantastic job. If you knew my OH you'd know that walking into that arcade and picking something out like that was a massive deal!!!

Now the wedding bands....we've still to decide on them...although we should probably set a date and get a venue first!!!

Emerald
01-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts!! V.v.v.v excited!

Well....the OH had already bought the engagement ring - it was presented to me on a plate instead of my dessert (first time I've ever not minded getting lemon merangue pie!) He got it from a shop in the Argyll Arcade (big jewellery shop mecca in Glasgow) all by himself. It's a brilliant cut half carat diamond solitare in a four claw setting on a platinum band. It's beautiful, very classic. It didn't come from a bespoke designer but he really did a fantastic job. If you knew my OH you'd know that walking into that arcade and picking something out like that was a massive deal!!!

Now the wedding bands....we've still to decide on them...although we should probably set a date and get a venue first!!!

:wwopics: xx ah how lovely i had to make my own as OH is a cheap skate

fi79
03-10-2009, 12:36 PM
:wwopics: xx ah how lovely i had to make my own as OH is a cheap skate

Sorry for photo delay!!! Been slightly pre-occupied!! Here are a couple of (not very good) pics.

Emerald
03-10-2009, 08:19 PM
oh wonderful,l lucky you and the OH lol x

caroleallen
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Lucky girl. Congratulations!

Charlotte
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Awww congratulations! I got engaged around March of this year and got married this time last week! You will love it, the organising has its ups and downs but its just so much fun! Your ring is beautiful! The celebrating starts now... go wild;)[]

Pandanimal
04-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Congratulations to you both.
What a sweet way to propose!
And a beautiful ring, very dainty.

MuranoSilver
04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Oooh love the ring, can't go wrong with a big rock in a classic design :Y:
nic x

AlexandraBuckle
07-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Congratulations!! Your wedding day will be the best day of your life!

I've just got back from my honeymoon and I've been married 3 and a half weeks :)