PDA

View Full Version : Privacy policy and T&C for jewellery e-commerce web

AM_88
09-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Hello there,

Just wondering if someone here would have some experience with selling jewellery on their website (I guess many:)).
In the meantime, I use Etsy to sell my jewellery, however, e-shop on my website would be great too. The biggest struggle is to find the right way to get privacy and policy and some t&Cs to be compliant with all legal requirements. I am just a small starting designer so would like to avoid paying hefty money to a lawyer for now.

I would appreciate any advice on how you created your privacy policy and T&Cs and got your e-shop running.

Thank you so much,
Nik

Dennis
09-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Hi Nik, Someone will no doubt post something more informative for you, but I suspect that the Association for Contemporary Jewellers will have some guidance on this. They also recommend an insurer and membership gets you a discount from many suppliers.
https://www.acj.org.uk/ Dennis

pearlescence
09-11-2020, 03:35 PM
You are legally required (at the moment anyway, who can say what the law on anything will be on Jan 1?) to give your snail address for service of any writ.
also you are legally required to display an image of the Hallmarking Act information.
It would not be wise to try to write contract terms which attempt to by-pass English contract law, if you are in England, as it won't work
Just look at what a few of our websites do - and do that. But don't just cut and paste someone else's statements, because that would be a breach of copyright.

AM_88
09-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Hi Dennis. The ACJ looks very interesting. Thank you for sending that over :)

AM_88
09-11-2020, 03:53 PM
You are legally required (at the moment anyway, who can say what the law on anything will be on Jan 1?) to give your snail address for service of any writ.
also you are legally required to display an image of the Hallmarking Act information.
It would not be wise to try to write contract terms which attempt to by-pass English contract law, if you are in England, as it won't work
Just look at what a few of our websites do - and do that. But don't just cut and paste someone else's statements, because that would be a breach of copyright.

Thank you for your reply. I even didn't know that you have to display an image of Hallmarking act info. I thought it is only when you sell face-to-face. Thank you for that information:)