PDA

View Full Version : ultrasonic brands

RichardNy
07-07-2020, 05:11 AM
please im about to buy a ultrasonic.. and i wanna hear from u guys about brands who make small ultrasonic... i make small jewelry in a small quantity ... so i need some small... any advice?
wich brand are trustfull? ...
im in the US. so i can reach some brands and others no.. but i wanna hear from u all.

thank you so much.

china
07-07-2020, 06:02 AM
I use a Soniclean Australian made, I Have no idea if they are available in the in the USA

RichardNy
07-07-2020, 06:13 AM
I use a Soniclean Australian made, I Have no idea if they are available in the in the USA

thank you china! i will search about those.

ps_bond
07-07-2020, 06:42 AM
Elma. I know Otto Frei carries them.

RichardNy
07-07-2020, 06:48 AM
Elma. I know Otto Frei carries them.

thank you bond... but even those smallest do the job ? im really atempt to take one of them.. i just dont wanna chinese made... because for me is a investment for long term.

Dennis
07-07-2020, 08:40 AM
An ultrasonic is by no means essential for low volume work. For generations jewellers have used detergents, hot water, and a soft brush. Now you even have water soluble compounds like Manzerna. Dennis.

art925
07-07-2020, 09:07 AM
Before making the investment and if you are wanting a quality ultrasonic, it is a real investment. Following on from what Dennis suggests; I often still turn to my old electric tooth brush, you can have the job done in the time you are waiting for the US and with less noise. OK while the sonic cleaner is on you can make a cuppa...but an old electric tooth brush with soft bristles should suffice if you are working on one off pieces.

Petal
07-07-2020, 10:23 AM
There is also more info on these threads - https://www.cooksongold.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1895503

josef1
07-07-2020, 01:59 PM
Another one for Elma they are expensive but worth it if your using it day in day out

RichardNy
07-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Before making the investment and if you are wanting a quality ultrasonic, it is a real investment. Following on from what Dennis suggests; I often still turn to my old electric tooth brush, you can have the job done in the time you are waiting for the US and with less noise. OK while the sonic cleaner is on you can make a cuppa...but an old electric tooth brush with soft bristles should suffice if you are working on one off pieces.

Hoo!!! I will give a try on Tooth Brush... to see how it work... �� .. but i will for sure incest in a ultrasonic next month... i found a 100$ used Branson 1200 ultrasonic with heated... is a US Brand but i dont know.

Also have a Brand New Elma for 349$ brand new with warranty.

Im really minimalist... but all i have i try get the best Items that i can to maximize efficiency and durability.

RichardNy
07-07-2020, 11:36 PM
Guys ive found a Elma S10h for 215$ think it worth???

CJ57
08-07-2020, 01:40 AM
Are you making a lot of pieces that require an ultrasonic cleaner at the moment Richard or could you just use an ordinary toothbrush as some of us still do and washing soap which is a much cheaper option when starting out?
It wouldn’t be on my shopping list when setting up a workshop unless I intended to produce a lot of work at one time
It’s 2.30am here so don’t expect an answer to your question until morning

RichardNy
08-07-2020, 02:10 AM
Are you making a lot of pieces that require an ultrasonic cleaner at the moment Richard or could you just use an ordinary toothbrush as some of us still do and washing soap which is a much cheaper option when starting out?
It wouldn’t be on my shopping list when setting up a workshop unless I intended to produce a lot of work at one time
It’s 2.30am here so don’t expect an answer to your question until morning

Sir CJ57
Thank you for your answer i dont make many.. i just considering make a investment for long time.. �� Btw is the toothbrush will not scratch the piece in hight polish like mirror polish? ��

CJ57
08-07-2020, 10:57 AM
Sir CJ57
Thank you for your answer i dont make many.. i just considering make a investment for long time.. �� Btw is the toothbrush will not scratch the piece in hight polish like mirror polish? ��

It’s Caroline Richard so not Sir.
If you don’t make many pieces then it’s an unnecessary investment at the beginning. A toothbrush will not scratch or we wouldn’t be advising the use of them

RichardNy
08-07-2020, 03:26 PM
It’s Caroline Richard so not Sir.
If you don’t make many pieces then it’s an unnecessary investment at the beginning. A toothbrush will not scratch or we wouldn’t be advising the use of them

I didnt Know Miss Caroline! And thank you so much! I order one in amazon to give a try.. !

CJ57
08-07-2020, 04:18 PM
You’ll get an ordinary toothbrush at your local pharmacy or preferably save up your old ones and reuse them

Ruedeleglise
09-07-2020, 11:21 AM
Must say I have used the ultrasonic cleaners I use for my clock restoration but find the faff of charging it with the fluid cleaning it out when finished etc just isn’t worth the effort! I use the old toothbrush technique with soap and hot water. Recently I have used an old electric tooth brush....works well. Generally the tooth brush method I find faster and just as effective!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dennis
09-07-2020, 12:40 PM
Thanks, you're a pal.

ps_bond
09-07-2020, 03:41 PM
...or preferably save up your old ones and reuse them

I save all mine for cleaning jobs. However, I found that toothpaste residue can leave scratches on silver.
So I put them through the ultrasonic :)

CJ57
09-07-2020, 03:43 PM
I save all mine for cleaning jobs. However, I found that toothpaste residue can leave scratches on silver.
So I put them through the ultrasonic :)

I’ve never found that and you know what a high shine I expect:)