PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer?

caroleallen
26-09-2009, 02:13 PM
I know aluminium's not to everyone's taste but please have a look in my album at the new aluminiums and let me know whether you prefer anticlastic or wraparound bangles. I need to get on and make loads for Christmas but I don't know which will sell best. The anticlastic ones will be cheaper than the others as they're easier to do and there's no silver button so that may have a bearing on which sells best. Do you think the wraparounds are worth more because of the silver?

I'd really appreciate your comments.

Emerald
26-09-2009, 02:18 PM
i love them both but prefer the wraparound, can you not do a mix, the wraparounds do look more expensive but not sure wether its just because of the button x

Di Sandland
26-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Carole, for me there is no contest; I love the wraparounds. I think its a case of the market you know. The wraparounds are sophisticated but I can imagine younger women going for the anticlastic.

Solunar Silver Studio
26-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Just to be awkward...I think I prefer the anticlastic shape wise. It looks like there is more skill involved in making it. And I'm a curvy girl! Having said that I prefer the designs on the wrap arounds in general!! Trust me to be awkward ay?:-D

kymbi
26-09-2009, 02:45 PM
oooh, tough call as they are both interesting, but I think the wraparounds would be my preference - I love the button effect :Y:

Rustic Charm
26-09-2009, 02:48 PM
i prefer the wrap round they are gorgeous!!! i want one!!

Petal
26-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Yes, I too like both, but the button detail does it for me. Stunning! Its always difficult to know what you think might sell and what might not.

agent_44
26-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I do like both, and would wear both, too. But if I had to choose it would be the wraparound one, more unusual and probably more 'me'. My preference is nothing to do with the silver though. If I was a customer, I would probably have the attitude of 'typical, I always like the more expensive one!' but it wouldn't put me off. It does look like there is more work in the wraparound ones.

Kalorlo
26-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Ooh, lovely. I prefer the wraparounds - love the buttons. I'm always a bit leery of how bangles with gaps will hang - they tend to turn round on my wrists so the gap's exactly where I don't want it to be.

Jayne
26-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Wraparounds - they are all exquisite
J x

Trudy
26-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I really like both types, the colours and pattern are brilliant

Personally though I would prefer to wear the anti clastic as I like the shape and curves...they are just more my style..but they are all lovely :)

Solunar Silver Studio
26-09-2009, 04:34 PM
At last!! Good call Trudy!! I was beginning to feel outnumbered!!:-D

MuranoSilver
26-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Like them both (wraparound edging for looks) but I'm afraid would wear neither....
As a person with small hands and wrists, the wide bangles just drown me..
Love the colours and patterns though, will there be narrow cuff style bangles too?
How about panel bracelets with a chain for sizing? Encompases more variety in sizing..

Sorry, hope thats OK to say...they are gorgeous though and I love the colours you've achieved! :D
nic x

caroleallen
26-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I hadn't thought about panel styles. That's given me food for thought. Thanks for all the feedback. I'll do both styles I think. I also plan to do earrings, pendants and rings plus a charm bracelet with multi coloured circles.

Ominicci
27-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Bit late here, but I love the wraparounds with the buttoon rahter than the anticlastics too :Y:

snow_imp
28-09-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm late on this one too - but I prefer the buttons - definitely.

caroleallen
28-09-2009, 08:14 AM
I had a chat with a gallery that stocks both types yesterday. She said that some people found the wraparounds difficult to get on. They're not really difficult as they're so flexible but it may put some people off. I'll definitely do both types, I think.

She also said she had a customer who complained that the colours had run on her bangle. She tried to explain that that was how they had been painted and that the colours were sealed into the surface. I think that may be a problem for me ie that people won't understand the processes used and think that the colours will come off. When people look at them I do explain how they're made but I can see people's eyes glazing over. Maybe I need a sign but I don't think people read signs either.

amazingbabe
28-09-2009, 08:16 AM
I love love love the wraparounds!!!!!! Yum Yum xxxx

Emerald
28-09-2009, 08:23 AM
She also said she had a customer who complained that the colours had run on her bangle. She tried to explain that that was how they had been painted and that the colours were sealed into the surface. I think that may be a problem for me ie that people won't understand the processes used and think that the colours will come off. When people look at them I do explain how they're made but I can see people's eyes glazing over. Maybe I need a sign but I don't think people read signs either.

Perhaps you could supply a sticker to go with the packaging to explain that this a handmade piece and the colours are always different etc etc i know it is just somehting else to do but might help with peoples understanding

Gerry Kaspers
28-09-2009, 08:59 PM
The colours on both look fantastic but i'd be more likely to try on the anticlastic ones - they look more comfortable and could you wear more than one (very in at the mo)

fi79
28-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I love them both - so eyecatching!!! But I think I like the wraparounds - the button adds something special.

EmmaRose
29-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm for the anticlastic, the shape is very organic. But I like the button concept. If people find it difficult to put on why not make it an actual closure, containing a popper, hook and eye, magnet, even velcro? I would also suggest a narrower version for the wrap arounds to give more options. If cost of silver is issue what about a thicker piece of aluminium as a button (or two riveted together with silver wire or tube if you can't get thicker al) in a contrasting colour?? That would be funky :)
hope that helps
Em

caroleallen
29-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Mmm, I'll have to think about that Em. You can't solder aluminium though, so it might be difficult.

EmmaRose
29-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Why would you need to solder??? Closures could be riveted in place, claw set, cab set, mechanism could be hidden by button, you could even use the button with a loop on the other side. You can't solder magnets either....it was just a starting point! ;)
Em
was thinking you drill tiny holes and "stitch" on poppers/ hook and eye with silver wire, maybe hide behind button etc....there is always a way!

CDW Designs
29-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I know aluminium's not to everyone's taste but please have a look in my album at the new aluminiums and let me know whether you prefer anticlastic or wraparound bangles. I need to get on and make loads for Christmas but I don't know which will sell best. The anticlastic ones will be cheaper than the others as they're easier to do and there's no silver button so that may have a bearing on which sells best. Do you think the wraparounds are worth more because of the silver?

I'd really appreciate your comments.

Hi Carole
I like the anticlastic ones, simpler and to me, more complete!
:Y: