PDA

View Full Version : Cant wait any longer

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Well my son is just not goona get back here and sort out that room, he is about to start a new job and is merrily working on his private lighting company in the meantime to get that "out there" http://www.komumoo.com/ so if i wanna get in his room i am gonna have to clear it myself. :'(

So i have told him i am gonna just box and bag everything and then take it over to his gf's home and it can be stuck in a barn till he sorts it lol. So i will do a couple of hours this afternoon til my back says enough is enough and i will try to do a little each evening. Then once it is empty i can move all the crafting stuff from the spare room, and then i will know how much space i have left for a bench etc. :Y:

Its gonna take me some time as i will have to do a little bit each day, but its gonna be a darn site quicker than waiting for him.:-"

agent_44
26-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a plan Su, and probably the quickest way you'll get in there!

Solunar Silver Studio
26-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Can't get your link to work Su. Are you sure it is right??

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 12:55 PM
try it now hun :D

Solunar Silver Studio
26-09-2009, 01:00 PM
That's better!! Looks very interesting! ...and good value!! Do you want to have any feedback specifically??

Rustic Charm
26-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Don't work too hard in the room today you'll need to be on top form for your day with nic 2moro!!!! i am soooooo jealous i've gotta wait till january!! have fun su xx

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 01:02 PM
surre!!!! go for it :D

Solunar Silver Studio
26-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I've just had a quick look but I noticed one or two things...

The last line on the Home Page could do with re wording.

In Lighting Hire it says that you can see pre-arranged lighting sets in the Gallery of the website...but I can't see one! (Could just be me!!)

That's all I spotted!!

It does look like a good set up. I hope he does well with it!!:Y:

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 01:17 PM
i think they are still tweaking the website this weekend, but i will certainly mention it to him - thank you :D

Yes i am very proud of him, its what he went to college for, and he wanted to be a sound engineer, but the course that followed on from his was going to involve too much paper work - there was a lot about the management side of the music business on that course and he is dyslexic and dyspraxic) and so the tutor advised him that he wouldnt cope. So he is using what he knows to at least do something in the field that he wanted to go into, and i have watched some of the demos - and he has loads on u-tube and i am gonna link them to my FB, and i am really rather pround of him

Just wish he had got his lazy butt into his room and cleared it for me lol

caroleallen
26-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Go for it Su. I've learned that if you want a job done properly, do it yourself.
It'll all be worth it in the end.

Solunar Silver Studio
26-09-2009, 01:48 PM
And so you should be proud of him!! People with dyslexia are very creative and determined in my experience (given the right support and encouragement). Well done to both of you!!:Y:

My youngest (also dyslexic) wants to make films. He had one of his short films shown at BAFTA at the end of last month. My 'baby' (with all the added bits with dyslexia - no time management, no sense of direction etc.) made his way to London and back all by himself to see it and 'network' with some top bods!! (I was at home having kittens!!! I guess he is all growed up now!!) He has just started a degree in Film Studies and Film Making this week so I'm sure I will have loads of other occasions to be proud of him! As I am sure you will with your son!!

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 02:41 PM
WOW Thats fantastic B!!! I really take my hat off to him.

But at the moment i am waiting for the painkillers to kick in - i have cleared 2/3's of his room boxed it and bagged the clothes and filled a rubbish bag lol. Washing dragged out from under the bed, and just one built in wardrobe to empty (the worst one) and the games corner. Then i can break down the bed and clean the cupboards drawrers and shelves and window sill, and then hoover.

Then it will be all mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, well once i have loaded the car up and driven it over there, but i should at least be moving the other craft stuff in next weekend, and then i will be gagging for a bench lol. So i think i will prewarn him that i want him to be there to receive it next week lol or he will decide he is going somewhere.

The OH wont be pleased cos he told me my son should do it and it will just let him go into one about how lazy he is, but he will have to whine, i want to be in there, and reclaim the guest room lol

I will see if these tablets ease it enough to go back and attack the cupboard cos i know i wont fancy doing it in the evenings next week lol

Di Sandland
26-09-2009, 02:43 PM
When we cleared Tom's room out we found all manner of unsavoury items - including a very tiny red bra. We bided our time then when he came home with a girl a few weeks ago, we asked her if it was hers (we knew it wasn't and we knew that the 'relationship' wasn't a serious one). Oh the look on my boy's face. Serves him bloody right.

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 02:47 PM
lmao thats priceless!!! I have been amazed that i have found nothing that i needed to cringe about - perhaps they were the bits he dealt with himself last week lol

Di Sandland
26-09-2009, 02:48 PM
lmao thats priceless!!! I have been amazed that i have found nothing that i needed to cringe about - perhaps they were the bits he dealt with himself last week lol

My boy's not that intelligent!

Petal
26-09-2009, 03:57 PM
OMG Di, The tiny red bra thing had me laughing out loud! Kids eh!

Jayne
26-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow Su', you have a v talented son!
When you mentioned on a previous thread that your son had to tidy his room I was thinking 8/9 yr old ha ha! (then u'd b really worried if you found a red bra)
J x

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Well thats it, its done, everything is boxed and bagged, found it vvery hard not to sit and reminesce about stuff as i popped it in, cos i knew i would break down and i wouldn't get it done if i did.
So next weekend i will deliver it all - gonna have to make two trips in the car cos of all the amps and guitars etc, (thankfully he has already taken the drum kit, but the bit i am not looking forward to is when i get back home from the second trip and his room will not be his anymore, it already feels like i have lost another son, - even after 10 years, i cannot empty Riks drawers of his clothes, it may be a guest room now, but we still call it Rikkis room, and that little entranceway is exactly the same as it was before we lost him.

I know that Kurt is just moving onto the next phase of his life, not like our beloved Rik, and i still have Kit, but i miss him so bad and it feels like i am removing him by packing all his stuff up.

Kids, you cant wait til they move out and then you fall to pieces when it happens.

agent_44
26-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Aw Su []

Think about the good side of it all, Kurt's still your son evern though he doesn't live with you now. Nothing's really changed since yesterday and now you have a lovely new studio, woo! :)

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah I keep telling myself its not the same and i do still see him regularly, and i do desperately want to relieve Rikkis room of all the candles and card making equipment and dinally have somewhere for a bench, to be able to set out my jewellery stuff. I guess it will just take some getting used to. [[]]

Di Sandland
26-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Su, you have experienced my worst nightmare and I'm not surprised at how difficult it is. Its difficult enough here with Will away and Tom having just moved on (as he should at 22). I often look at them or think about them and wonder how I would cope with losing either of them To be honest the only thing that would keep me going would be the child (yes, they're my children no matter that they're grown up) that is left. And that, I suspect, is what keeps you going.

Just try to remember the memories you made with Rikki. I can't say anymore because any words are inadeqate.

xxxxx

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 05:19 PM
[[]] ty hun, dont think i will ever accept or get over it. we have a very rough three months every year, where we get very tetchy and i get even more weepy. November 20th is his birthday, then Christmas, then he passed away February 19th.

People always say, oh you have two children and i always correct them, I have three, just because i can no longer hold him, it cant wipe out the fact that for 13 years and two months he was the centre of my world, of all our worlds, the boys included, we worked our lives around his, and if it meant i could have him back tomorrow, i would gladly give up my "free" life now and go back to my prisonlike life that was just the way it had to be because of his health, without a single look back.

He taught me so much, and it was a honour and a priviledge to be able to call myself his mum.

Emerald
26-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh Su you are an absolute star and we love you:X

kymbi
26-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Su, I'll say nothing but send you a virtual []

Lisa Quinn
26-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks Su for a moment of clarity, I often whinge about my children taking me for granted , but never stop to think about the fact that I completely take them for granted and how lucky I am .

LOL
Lisa xx[[]]

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks Su for a moment of clarity, I often whinge about my children taking me for granted , but never stop to think about the fact that I completely take them for granted and how lucky I am .

LOL
Lisa xx[[]]

Oh trust me i still complain that they take me for granted, but thats part of being a parent lol

Jayne
26-09-2009, 08:21 PM
[]

J x

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 08:22 PM
thanks for all the support cookies, wasnt quite meant to be that kind of thread but i really appreciate it [[]]

Petal
26-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I can't say any more than give you a big :X and a [] from me too.

bustagasket
26-09-2009, 08:29 PM
aww ty hun [[]]

amazingbabe
28-09-2009, 11:40 AM
0:-) Have just said a little prayer for you... Thinking of you Su xx[]

bustagasket
28-09-2009, 12:09 PM
hugs hun :)

MuranoSilver
28-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Oh Su......[]