PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable ring

Kellz
15-11-2019, 10:25 AM
Morning all. Being of the older generation, I have friends who have trouble with rings. If the ring goes over the knuckle it is then too big around the base of the finger and I am looking to make something that is not joined but where the ends pass above and below each other and then making a feature of where they pass. Any tips on this style of ring would be welcome.

china
15-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Have a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUsfXaJBOcs&t=1s

Kellz
15-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Interesting but I need something simpler.

Dennis
15-11-2019, 01:46 PM
Yes that would fit the bill, but you will deduce by the flashes, that a welder was being used. You would find it difficult to control solder in that situation. And certainly have to restrict the flow with an anti-flux paint such as rouge scrapings in meths, or a graphite paint.

The problem is quite common and can be much reduced by using wide bands and wide D shaped bands which are more stable with a loose fit.

Ultimately there are ring clips, but though they work, are unsightly and not very professional. Dennis

china
15-11-2019, 02:10 PM
MMMM ! did not take into account the laser welder, I have in the past made adjustable rings by simply splitting the shank ( long ways ) at the base and have the ends cross each other similar to the construction of a key ring