PDA

View Full Version : better delivery !

silver Girl
25-09-2009, 03:35 PM
cooksons gold !

I wish you had a better delivery system , cos I just order my silver today , and I got told you will post it out on monday :mad: when I need this silver ugently for my college work (I'm studying silversmithing at college)
now I'm going to be in big trouble with my tutor , cos of you lot delaying my silver I order today , cos of this I'm NOT using you to order silver again , thanks a lot for putting me in BIG trouble with my tutor cookson!! NOT!!!!
:(|:(|

The Dragon
25-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Cookson's delivery service is usually very good, except when they are inundated - usually with a freepost event, as they are at the moment. I always find that the Royal Mail are the ones that are slow in processing my order and putting it through my door! I've learnt to give myself plenty of time if I know I need something by a specific deadline!

MuranoSilver
25-09-2009, 04:01 PM
It is on the landing page of the site (says it will be posted on Monday)
and normally it's next working day. If you only found out you needed the silver today, then your tutor can't expect you to magic it up from nowhere!
Nic x

Emerald
25-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I have to say Cooksons are usually ecellent with next day delivery if you use a certain company starting with a P it takes about 7 days:)

geti-titanium
25-09-2009, 04:16 PM
if you use a certain company starting with a P it takes about 7 days

Confused - what's the second letter?

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I have never had a problem with Cookson's deliveries, in fact, that was why I used them initially. As Jo says, the P word are dreadful.

bustagasket
25-09-2009, 04:18 PM
i have always been happy with my cookies orders and havent been kept waiting at all - except on things that are out of stock at the time of my order i spose, that just rough timing from me i spose.

Solunar Silver Studio
25-09-2009, 04:20 PM
312 As you can see from the image in this attachment...It clearly states on the home page of the site that orders placed today will be delivered on Monday... Cookson's delivery service is excellent. You won't find another supplier to post out orders so quickly...you may change your mind about never using Cooksons again after you have tried a few others!

Emerald
25-09-2009, 04:22 PM

a.......:)

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 04:24 PM

Think biscuits - Huntley &

geti-titanium
25-09-2009, 04:25 PM
a.......

No, it's no good - I still don't know 'em - what's the last letter?

Emerald
25-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Geti stop trying to get us to Blaspheme on the cooksons forum we want our next day delivery to continue lol

geti-titanium
25-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Think biscuits - Huntley &

Ah! gotcha now. I still haven't heard of them though.

bustagasket
25-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Sh*% Di! i am depressed enough today did you have to mention biscuits :'(

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 04:34 PM
:X:X:Xdoes that help a bit?

geti-titanium
25-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Talking of biscuits - I bought a packet of Sainsburys 'Taste the difference'
Raisin and oat biscuits yesterday and they were brilliant. :Y: I ate the whole pack while I was waiting for my tea to cook! - Now there's gluttony for ya!

Boo
25-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm astonished by the opening post.

Either:

1. If you only found out today that you need silver for Monday, your tutor is placing an unreasonable demand on you, so you can't possibly get into trouble.

2. If you knew some time ago that you needed it for Monday, but didn't get around to it until today - that's really not Cookson's fault. You can't rely any supplier to things to you in ridiculous deadlines - you need to manage matters better - this is your responsibility.

I'd suggest that you learnt an important lesson today. Your tutor should be quite happy with that.

MuranoSilver
25-09-2009, 04:44 PM
but we still love ya Silvergirl and hope you feel better for the vent ;) []
Nicxx

geti-titanium
25-09-2009, 04:52 PM
but we still love ya Silvergirl and hope you feel better for the vent
Nicxx

OOOH! Well caught! :)

bustagasket
25-09-2009, 05:04 PM
:X:X:Xdoes that help a bit?

Ty Di, it will pass, just one of "those" moments [[]]

Talking of biscuits - I bought a packet of Sainsburys 'Taste the difference'
Raisin and oat biscuits yesterday and they were brilliant. I ate the whole pack while I was waiting for my tea to cook! - Now there's gluttony for ya!

I so wish there was a smack emote for you Alan!!!

Emerald
25-09-2009, 05:14 PM

I am sure he is only here for the wind up [-X

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I am sure he is only here for the wind up [-X

Tut tut. He is here because every time his signature file is posted that's another link in the great web of life (or the internet as its commonly known).

I suppose he also makes quite a comic addition to the community as well tho

geti-titanium
25-09-2009, 05:24 PM

must resist......MUST RESIST!!! NOOOOO!!!!

I bet you could get one on one of them there fetish sites.

(Dios Mio! - Yo fracasado :'(

bustagasket
25-09-2009, 05:27 PM
rofl ermmmmmmmmmmmm i wouldnt know about such things dear man!

geti-titanium
25-09-2009, 05:28 PM
He is here because every time his signature file is posted that's another link in the great web of life

Cover blown once again :) - actually I'm not too sure because they may be using the 'no follow' tag on here

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Ah well, Alan, it was a good theory old chap

Lisa Quinn
25-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Silvergirl,

I know delivery timings can be frustrating, but I can honestly say that Cooksons have never let me down, I think that you have been unlucky today as the home page of Cooksons has said for several days that they will not be sending out orders made on Friday until Monday due to a stock take. (obviously this is a one off event and normal service resumes on Monday.)

Do you know anybody who might have some spare silver to loan to you until yours arrives?

EmmaRose
25-09-2009, 09:48 PM
oh well I found a new biscuit makers now LOL :)
things are rubbish right now with postal strikes, and Cooksons are normally brill, they are a business like any other...and imagine how many tiny bits they have to stock take, am amazed they aren't shut for a week! I am sure you could talk to them and cancel your order if need be...
Em

Jayne
25-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Cookson do provide an exceptional delivery service, however............. it does seem a bit strange that they have a freepost promotion running during a stocktake??

agent_44
26-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Not really, the freepost is running right up until the end of the month. It only means you might have to wait one extra day for your delivery though. Still pretty darn quick!

caroleallen
26-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Apart from trying to get argentium (and failing) from Cooksons, I've always been more than happy with the delivery. As said before, maybe you need to plan ahead Silvergirl.

silver Girl
28-09-2009, 11:32 AM
for those who have reply to my post , all I got to say is ................. :'(:'(:'(
just cos I posted somethink does me you lot can get at me :'(

I'm sorry , but it's not my................ sigh , I'm not going to say any more , or you lot will get at me again ........... sigh

Di Sandland
28-09-2009, 11:35 AM
We weren't getting at you, sweetie, we were posting about our experiences with Cookson's delivery! They aren't marvellous at everything - read the Argentium stuff that's going on at the moment - but delivery they do well.

Anyway - I'm sure you didn't get into trouble, did you? Let us know, we can soothe worried brows too, y'know. :D

silver Girl
28-09-2009, 11:37 AM
We weren't getting at you, sweetie, we were posting about our experiences with Cookson's delivery! They aren't marvellous at everything - read the Argentium stuff that's going on at the moment - but delivery they do well.

Anyway - I'm sure you didn't get into trouble, did you? Let us know, we can soothe worried brows too, y'know. :D

yes I did get into trouble , I try to explane everythink to my tutor , but he told me off :(

Di Sandland
28-09-2009, 11:40 AM
aw, I'm sorry. But you won't lose marks, will you?

silver Girl
28-09-2009, 11:44 AM
aw, I'm sorry. But you won't lose marks, will you?

I might , I don't know ,I'm trying to get over my tutor yelling at me cos I didn't have the silver I ordered :(

Di Sandland
28-09-2009, 11:58 AM
But, Silver, the crux of the matter is how long ago you knew you would need the silver for today, isn't it? If you truly didn't know until Friday, then your tutor is being totally unreasonable. If you knew some time ago, then, in future, I'm sure you'll plan better.

Sometimes we have to learn things the hard way. The good things is that those lessons are always the ones we learn best.

Jayne
28-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Ah, Silvergirl, sorry to hear about your trials & tribulations[] ......d'u think that maybe, knowing Cooksons excellent reputation for quick delivery, you had worked that into your schedule? I know that I would do something like that (my OH calls me 'mrs-last-minute-dot-com'). Last week I had to have some beads for the next day, ordered from a supplier that, like Cookson, has a great reputation for next day deliveries and when they took two days to turn up I was ready to fight the postman for them........
Hope your tutor calms down soon - u'll have to make something spectacular now to appease him :Y:
J x

agent_44
28-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey, don't feel bad, no-one is getting at you - everyone here is lovely, honest :) I think sometimes it's good for you hear things you don't really want to, so that you see things from an alternative perspective, and hopefully learn from it and I am pretty darn sure that that is how any comments you got on here were meant.

Emerald
28-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Hey, don't feel bad, no-one is getting at you - everyone here is lovely, honest :) I think sometimes it's good for you hear things you don't really want to, so that you see things from an alternative perspective, and hopefully learn from it and I am pretty darn sure that that is how any comments you got on here were meant.

it sure was and if Cookies hadent been doing a stock take you would have had your silver, are you not close enough to a bullion dealer to go in and buy if not you have one very mean tutor:(

silver Girl
28-09-2009, 04:53 PM
But, Silver, the crux of the matter is how long ago you knew you would need the silver for today, isn't it? If you truly didn't know until Friday, then your tutor is being totally unreasonable. If you knew some time ago, then, in future, I'm sure you'll plan better.

Sometimes we have to learn things the hard way. The good things is that those lessons are always the ones we learn best.

I know , that what I've bin telling him , but he said , I ask you to buy some silver , and you haven't done so............... to this I told him that cookson will post to me on tuesday , you can't get any faster then that,

MuranoSilver
28-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Now, now calm down - have a hug n' grab a biscuit [[]]
Nic x

Green Monster
28-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Whilst I have never had a problem with Cooksons delivery I would point out other issues that could have easily come into play.
Whilst it is one thing to put something into the post it is another for it to be delivered promptly, the Royal Mule often seems to go lame and parcels can arrive late. ( my best one is over 4 months from being posted, 1st class!) 10 days for 1st class is not uncommon.

So what am I waffling about?

Your tutor should have allowed you plenty of time to place and receive your order, suppliers cannot be held responsible for postal delays and although that was not the cause of irritaion in this case, I consider your tutor very unreasonable in his/her attitude towards your attempts at obtaining silver if very short notice was given. A company having stock and promising despatch shoould only be a guideline as to when to expect your goods, actual receipt of same can vary wildy.
Sadly we live in a world where it seems to go right most of the time and we come to rely on that, then when it goes wrong we struggle to accept the situation.

The older folks on here may remember the "good 'ole days" when you ordered something the delivery terms stated "allow 28 days for delievry", perhaps we should go back to that........

If your tutor has only allowed you very little time to order and receive silver and then decides to penalise you I think you would have very good grounds for some sort of appeal.

Good luck.
G

p.s.
out of curiousity what course and where are you doing it? Is it a course you are paying to be on?
And how old are you, I don't actually want to know your age and not being personal, just wondering in this day and age what age you have to be for a tutor to be "yelling" at you? I would be looking for a different tutor.

silver Girl
28-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Whilst I have never had a problem with Cooksons delivery I would point out other issues that could have easily come into play.
Whilst it is one thing to put something into the post it si another for it to be delivered promptly, the Royal Mule often seems to go lame and parcels can arrive late. ( my best one is over 4 months from being posted 1st class!) 10 days for 1st class is not uncommon.

So what am I waffling about?

Your tutor should ahve allowed you plenty of time to place and recieve your order, suppliers can not be held responsible for postal delays and all though thatw as not the cause of irritaion in your case, I consider your tutor very unreasonable in his/her attitude towards your attempts at obtaining silver if very short notice was given. A company having stock and promising despatch shoould only be a guideline as to when to expect your goods, actual receipt of same can vary wildy.
Sadly we live in a world where it seems to go right most of the time and we come to rely on that, then when it goes wrong we struggle to accept the situation.

The older folks on here may remeber the "good 'ole days" when you ordered something the delivery terms stated "allow 28 days for delievry", perhaps we should go back to that........

If your tutor has aonly allowed you very little time to order and recieve silver and then decides to penalise you I think you would have very good grounds for some sort of appeal.

Good luck.
G

p.s.
out of curiousity what course and where are you doing it? Is it a course you are paying to be on?
And how old are you, I don't actually want to know your age and not being personal, just wondering in this day and age what age you have to be for a tutor to be "yelling" at you? I would be looking for a different tutor.

Green Monster I've all ready tryed to tell him that , but he would listen to me , so I'm now looking in to getting a new tutor

Solunar Silver Studio
28-09-2009, 05:22 PM
There seems to be a bit of an upset developing here - which is a bit of a shame.

We have no idea what the situation was with you at college, Silvergirl, or if your tutor is an unreasonable type - which I know from experience is very upsetting and stressful to cope with - it is just that the vast majority of us have found that Cooksons is fantastic with their delivery - and feel that they shouldn't get it in the neck on this occasion because they did very clearly say on their main home page that they would not be able to post out Friday's orders until Monday. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation - Cooksons were not at fault...which is why people have got a bit miffed.

Hopefully, postal system permitting, you will get your silver tomorrow and go into college to make something lovely with it - and all this upset will be a thing in the past.

Can we all hug and make up now??[[]] Please!!:Y:

lorraineflee
28-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Virtual group hug - yeah!!!
[[]]
Lorraine

geti-titanium
28-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Count me in for the hug! [[]] No wandering hands though! :~:

silver Girl
28-09-2009, 05:34 PM
There seems to be a bit of an upset developing here - which is a bit of a shame.

We have no idea what the situation was with you at college, Silvergirl, or if your tutor is an unreasonable type - which I know from experience is very upsetting and stressful to cope with - it is just that the vast majority of us have found that Cooksons is fantastic with their delivery - and feel that they shouldn't get it in the neck on this occasion because they did very clearly say on their main home page that they would not be able to post out Friday's orders until Monday. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation - Cooksons were not at fault...which is why people have got a bit miffed.

Hopefully, postal system permitting, you will get your silver tomorrow and go into college to make something lovely with it - and all this upset will be a thing in the past.

Can we all hug and make up now??[[]] Please!!:Y:

:eek: what........... is this to me ?????? :confused:

Green Monster
28-09-2009, 05:35 PM

damn,...gotta love those wandering hands....(presses "submit" quickly before the girlfriend reads the screen!)
[-X

geti-titanium
28-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Once again another thread degenerates - courtesy of GETi - you can thank me later :-D

agent_44
28-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Once again another thread degenerates - courtesy of GETi - you can thank me later :-D

I'm sure this one wasn't your doing (for a change ;))

silver Girl
28-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I all ways get misunderstoods in froums :( ............. oh well , thats life (I guss ???) (I need a hug from someone ??)

lorraineflee
28-09-2009, 05:44 PM
(I need a hug from someone ??)
Sending hugs!
Lorraine

Di Sandland
28-09-2009, 05:44 PM
[[]][[]][[]]

Silvergirl, can I ask if English is your first language? I'm asking because I wonder if that's why you get misunderstood so often (cos you say you do).

silver Girl
28-09-2009, 05:47 PM
[[]][[]][[]]

Silvergirl, can I ask if English is your first language? I'm asking because I wonder if that's why you get misunderstood so often (cos you say you do).

yes , why? ............. I've bin in the UK all my life , and I was born here as well

Di Sandland
28-09-2009, 05:50 PM
no reason - I just know that some of my friends from other cultures have had 'misunderstandings' on forums because they didn't always understand the colloquialisms we use. Obviously that's not the case for you - just bad luck I guess.

Anyway, consider yourself hugged.

caroleallen
28-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry to sound harsh Silvergirl but how much notice did your tutor give you for ordering the silver?

bustagasket
28-09-2009, 06:47 PM

why am i not surprised? [[]]

geti-titanium
28-09-2009, 10:08 PM
(I need a hug from someone ??)

I think I've spotted a gap in the market. I think we should form a society - let's call it 'The League of Gentlehugs'

It can be a welcome release for all the pent up daily emotions we all suffer.

As you possibly all know from your Arctic survival training courses, the best form of heat in those situations is body heat.

Now, far be it from me to suggest that we all take our clothes off and embrace, oh no, believe it or not I wouldn't dream of it. No - we should all keep our socks on to protect the extremities and also group in a 'man-woman-man-woman' formation under a cosy blanket - do I have a 'seconder'? :Y: or :N:

The Dragon
28-09-2009, 10:32 PM
I knew I missed something these last few days ... Geti's sense of humour!

:X

p.s. my OH loved the chewing gum joke!

EmmaRose
29-09-2009, 11:52 AM
oh Geti, *rolls eyes*
Silver girl, no one should be yelling at you! (except your parents maybe ;) my mother still yells at me) Get another (nicer) tutor ! Or send him to us, we will tell him what for!
Em

Charlotte
29-09-2009, 01:26 PM
This is a bizarre thread!

mizgeorge
29-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I think it made a bit more sense before bits of it were removed Charlotte!