PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguisher! In Shed Workshop!

OceanandEarth
02-07-2019, 08:09 PM
I知 set up in a shed in my garden which is wood and we are playing with fire [emoji91] which fire extinguishers do you guys have on hand? I知 so out of touch with fire training, Wood is Class A but with the electrics in my shed water isn稚 such a good choice. I知 going around in circles as to which one to buy. Powder is now apparently not recommended for enclosed spaces, so I wondered what you guys have in your workshop! [emoji848][emoji848] Thanks [emoji3] Kerrie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mizgeorge
03-07-2019, 12:01 AM
I've recently switched to a water mist type extinguisher - which was recommended to me by a firefighter my husband knows. Apparently it's the best broad spectrum option now. I previously had a foam one, which is also good, but doesn't cover quite as many fire types (I'm told!). I can't tell you if it's any good as I'm pleased to say I haven't needed to use it. They're supposed to be the most eco-friendly option and can be recharged. For A, B, C and F class fires according to the label.

Mine is a 3 litre one - my 'hot' bench is in a pretty small room.

Dennis
03-07-2019, 12:22 PM
In addition, I would like to suggest a fire blanket. They are not expensive, and can be hung up ready to use before a fire takes hold. No fuss, no mess.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&channel=trow&q=image+of+a+fire+blanket. Dennis.

art925
03-07-2019, 01:10 PM
I have a fire blanket hung on the wall next to my soldering/casting station and I have just noticed that my foam cylinder is out of date....

china
04-07-2019, 04:41 AM
Definitely a fire blanket, down here they still recommend dry powder for indoor use

TDA20
06-07-2019, 12:55 PM
So glad I read this post. Have finally ordered a fire blanket just now ��.

Petal
07-07-2019, 10:10 AM
So glad I read this post. Have finally ordered a fire blanket just now ��.

Me too, have ordered one for home and work. Thanks Dennis for the tip and Kerrie for starting the post off. xx

china
07-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Just to add. fire blanket is a must in your kitchen as well.

OceanandEarth
07-07-2019, 01:07 PM
I did think about a fire blanket as they are great for smothering a fire in the first grip of the fire!!! think I値l get one too, not seen or heard of the water mist one, one to look up, thanks guys! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk