PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be in so much trouble!!

The Dragon
25-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Well my OH is going to have a fit when he finds out how much money I've spent this week.

To date:

1 Kiln - which will arrive today Woop Woop
2 Books Jinks' Ring book and Creative Stone Setting
1 Pack of Coppr Clay
1 Stainless Steel Dish
1 Pack of Active Carbon
4 sets of Spacer Beads from Rob Johnson

And I feel WONDERFUL - who said retail therapy doesn't work hah!

I'm just going to make myself a cup of coffee then get the rouge out. :Y:

Petal
25-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh Annie,

Cooksons (and this addictive forum), have a lot to answer for, don't they! (says she who has just taken delivery of some thong!, wire and other lovely bits and pieces!!! so exciting)... now we MUST get making & selling things to justify spending money on things.

Emerald
25-09-2009, 10:18 AM
lol way to go Annie i have receipts, bags, boxes and oh my credit card bill hidden all over the house from my OH

Emerald
25-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Don't let him know, do the old "What this old thing, it's been in the cupboard years!" trick. :rofl:

he is so on to that one :(|

agent_44
25-09-2009, 10:46 AM
LOL! That sounds a bit drastic :)

I am sure whatever wrangling you have to do to justify the ££ will be worth it :D

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 11:15 AM
he is so on to that one :(|

I have a nice little twist on that one. I say - but you bought me this ages ago. Never fails to confuse him.

Emerald
25-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I have a nice little twist on that one. I say - but you bought me this ages ago. Never fails to confuse him.

now i have to agree that is a good one, only he nevers buys me anything:'(

agent_44
25-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Hehe, that's fab but you do need a OH that buys you things regaularly to get away with it I suppose, like Jo says!

I have a frind who's like that though, buys me a Christmas present then 2 years later, oh I like your bag/necklace/whatever and I usually say, Oh thank you, some crazy lady gave me it!

Coco
25-09-2009, 11:50 AM
1 Pack of Active Carbon

I have no idea what this is, I only know I want some!

What is it? :)

ps_bond
25-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Expensive charcoal.
I use it in kiln fusing mokume.

Coco
25-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I see. :ta:

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Last time I used active carbon was in the filters of my marine aquarium. :-D
Many, many years ago - about 40 to be precise - I took an overdose. The b*****ds in A&E made me drink activated charcoal. :(

Emerald
25-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Many, many years ago - about 40 to be precise - I took an overdose. The b*****ds in A&E made me drink activated charcoal. :(

Oh my god Di xx

The Dragon
25-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Last time I used active carbon was in the filters of my marine aquarium. :-D

Don't worry Coco I'm not taking up fish keeping as a hobby. :Y:

I want to start using the new Bronze and Copper clays that are around. In order to fire them properly (sinter is the correct term I believe) and get good colour and patination you need to bury your peice(s) in active carbon in a stainless steel dish. This means it is fired in an oxygen deprived environment, I haven't quite got my head around the chemical/physics side of it yet it's a long time since I was at school I can tell you.

In my typical understated way I'm going to start by trying to produce copper rosebuds to go with some lampwork beads I have.

Woops there goes the doorbell, hang on a minute ..........

............. YES IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEERE, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP.

See you all later when I've unpacked. :rofl:

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 01:33 PM
PMSL - we are soooo easy to please. And Jo, it was forever ago - another life almost ;-)

agent_44
25-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Yeah, but otherwise you might not be here! []

MuranoSilver
25-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm glad they made you drink it too Di []
Re the "made for fishtanks" activated charcoal (in case anyone gets a *-:)) don't use that
instead of the more expensive made for the job stuff. A lot of it's treated and then when fired at high temps
can give off toxic fumes!
nicx

Petal
25-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm glad they made you drink it too Di []
Re the "made for fishtanks" activated charcoal (in case anyone gets a *-:)) don't use that
instead of the more expensive made for the job stuff. A lot of it's treated and then when fired at high temps
can give off toxic fumes!
nicx

I'm also glad they made you drink it too! Where would we be without our lovely Di! :X[]

The Dragon
25-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Well 'Henry' is unpacked, has been checked over, and now has pride of place at the end of my work table. I keep looking at it because I still can't quite believe it's here especially as I had a pleasant suprise when I unpacked it.

I bought the kiln from Creative Glass in the end as they had the best deal on the day, so I sat back and waited for my new kiln with bead door. However, I placed my order late on Friday Night so the website wasn't as up to date as it should have been perhaps. A little note from the suppliers told me that my kiln went out of stock just as I was placing my order. As it would take 6 - 8 weeks for a replacement to arrive they had sent me the version with the bead door and the window. They were quite happy to let me have it for the same price as the one I ordered if that was ok with me.

My job makes me very cynical sometimes and it's so nice to see good old fashioned service. 10/10 for them I'll be keeping them on my favs list. :Y:

Di Sandland
25-09-2009, 07:43 PM
wow. Result, Annie!

bustagasket
25-09-2009, 08:03 PM
woot thats a really nice surprise!

EmmaRose
25-09-2009, 10:05 PM
oooh can't wait to see what you produce!!! my kiln is too weeny to fire copper or bronz clay :'(#-o I bought it wayyyy before such things existed. I lurve bronz clay though- have worked with it once and it was GREAT :'(
have fun!!! (that's worth anything your OH says).
Em