PDA

View Full Version : Post a comment and WIN

apike
18-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey,
As part of our forum launch, Cooksongold are giving away a host a prizes, 20 in total for simply posting comments on our forum. This competition will run until 31st October 2009 where the winners will be notified by e-mail as well as announced on the forum. The competition winners will be picked at random by myself, and remember entrants aren't limited to one single prize each, so the more comments you post the more likely you are to receive a prize or even two.

Happy posting! :D

Terms & conditions
1. No purchases necessary. Forum members are entered automatically by posting comments. Entries go to the Marketing Department, Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ. Closing date for the draw will be 31.10.2009. The draw will take place on 06.11.2009. Cookson Precious Metals Competition Secretary will make the draw.
2. The Draw is open to all Cookson Precious Metals forum members aged 18 years and over.
3. Entries are not limited to one per person, and are based on the number of comments posted.
4. There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.
5. The winner will be notified by e-mail as well as on the forum by 20.11.2009. The winner's name and County will be made available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.
6. Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the draw together with any person connected to the draw.
7. Entry into the draw is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the draw.
8. No responsibility is accepted for prize draw coupons lost, damaged or mislaid.
9. No correspondence will be entered into. The Competition Secretary's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals.
10. The prize comprises of 20 mystery jewellery-related products.

Bee
03-07-2009, 08:37 AM
First you give us an amazing forum, then you offer us prizes!! Yey! :)

lorraineflee
04-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey,
As part of our forum launch, Cooksongold are giving away a host a prizes, 20 in total for simply posting comments on our forum. This competition will run until 31st October 2009 where the winners will be notified by e-mail as well as announced on the forum. The competition winners will be picked at random by myself, and remember entrants aren't limited to one single prize each, so the more comments you post the more likely you are to receive a prize or even two.

Happy posting! :D

Cooksons really do treat us well, great products, great service and now a forum too. Thanks!! ;)
Lorraine

Lindsay
09-07-2009, 02:06 PM
fantastic, I hope I win lol!

Amethystjewellery
09-07-2009, 05:08 PM
What a great idea to get the ball rolling :D

HMPjewellery
13-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Monsieur!
With this Forum and chances, you are truly spoiling us! ;)

CheekyLemur
14-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Loving the new enamelling range, but please, please, please will you make your fab site compatible with Google Chrome.
BTW I hold up cooksongold as the shining example to what a website should be like.

MuranoSilver
14-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Monsieur!
With this Forum and chances, you are truly spoiling us! ;)
Rofl :D
http://www.muranosilver.com/images/cooksons.jpg
Nicola x

The Bijou Dragon
14-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Rofl :D
http://www.muranosilver.com/images/cooksons.jpg
Nicola x

LMAO!!! :D:D

I have to say, this does have the potential to be an amazing community!

AlexandraBuckle
15-07-2009, 08:42 AM
LOL :D

[apparently messages have to be 10 characters long...]

EmmaRose
20-07-2009, 05:57 PM
LOL
so the prizes are boxes of a certain chocolate then???LOL
jewellery related- sure stick 'em on some ear hooks......:D

julie
20-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Post a comment and WIN .. what a great idea ... :D

MuranoSilver
20-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Nope the prizes are definately Jewellery related....
*nods sagely* ;)
Nic x

Charlotte
20-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool, I'm sure most people here could do with free stuff... doing stuff you enjoy rarely leads to making much money;) :rolleyes:

CheekyLemur - I'm using Google Chrome and I haven't had any problems!

bubbleshell
30-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow cool, what a brilliant way to get your forum up and running with a chance to win things.

Does any one have any idea of what prizes are on offer?

I love the free prize draw that Cooksons have, I alway check the site at least every two - three times a month just to see if any new free prize draws are on.

A student need to keep an eye out for these kind of things, every little bit helps to get a workshop filled with the essential items.

Di Sandland
31-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Seems like we've struck gold here people!

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Nope the prizes are definately Jewellery related....
*nods sagely* ;)
Nic x

Shes in the know girls - do we torture her until she tells us what the prizes are????=:-O Someone go find my tickling stick, no wait................she will tell them to throw my entry out if i get a mob rising, i will be branded a trouble maker, never standing a chance of building my jewellery stuff up .:-O
Ok i did not write this, its was the others they made me do it, said i was a noob and had to do this to belong and and and....................................0:-)

This message will self-distruct in ten seconds 10.........9.................8..............

mizgeorge
31-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Loving the new enamelling range, but please, please, please will you make your fab site compatible with Google Chrome.
BTW I hold up cooksongold as the shining example to what a website should be like.

I'm using Chrome and there was an issue with checkout for a while, but not for several weeks now.

MuranoSilver
31-07-2009, 11:09 AM
do we torture her until she tells us what the prizes are????=:-O This message will self-distruct in ten seconds 10.........9.................8..............

Oh my - you were going to kill me in the "Thoth Pendant" thread and now you're going to torture me....
I can see I'm going to have to keep an eye on you http://www.muranosilver.com/images/mwaha.gif
Nic x

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh my - you were going to kill me in the "Thoth Pendant" thread and now you're going to torture me....
I can see I'm going to have to keep an eye on you http://www.muranosilver.com/images/mwaha.gif
Nic x

Dam She's onto me! quick someone, a disguise!!:cool:

CyberPaddy66
23-08-2009, 01:03 PM
So do I have to post a comment on here to be in for a chance or will a comment on another thread do? [-o<

mizgeorge
23-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I believe it's anywhere.

CyberPaddy66
23-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Would be awfully cheeky of them to mean this thread only :lol:

Sadie
03-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Well I hope the luck finally shines on me :o) i'd love to win a rolling mill :o)

Emerald
04-09-2009, 07:38 AM
When will they announce the winners the comp finished on sunday?

MuranoSilver
04-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Oh my goodness that's sooooo exciting! I wonder what the prizes will be
Nicx

mizgeorge
04-09-2009, 08:18 AM
I think the draw runs for another few weeks - until 31st October, and the draw (according to the first post) is on 6th November. Unless I've missed something (which is perfectly possible :))

Emerald
04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
duh i new i need new glasses but that just daft to read october as August #-o thanks for putting me straight George

EmmaRose
04-09-2009, 10:53 AM
somehow doubt they will give away 20 rolling mills :D (we can dream though)
personally I am needing several 100 pairs of earring hooks right now :)

mizgeorge
04-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I still think it's such a shame that the person who won the rolling mill has never even bothered to come and say thank you on the board, let alone join in with anything else. That's just bad manners in my book.

EmmaRose
04-09-2009, 11:31 AM
do they even know about the board though?? :confused:

agent_44
04-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I do think there should be some criteria on how active a member is, otherwise it's ni incentive to use the forum, not fair on participating members and not helping Cookson's in any way.

mizgeorge
04-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I thought the whole competition was about registering on the forum?

Was it just for registering for a Cookson's account? Where's the incentive in that - you have to have an account to buy anything anyway. If so, that's a helluva prize for adding a few names to a mailing list.

Emerald
04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
The e-mail i got was for registering on the forum but i was registered with cooksons anyway but i dont have an account as i live so close i just go in when i need stuff although its always good to mooch through the website first to see what new.:)

EmmaRose
04-09-2009, 11:50 AM
There are alot of "0" posters.....it is a shame to get people registering just to win who have no interest in contributing I agree. [-X
:(
Em

Emerald
04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Em it says in the terms and conditions that the more you post the more chance you have on winning i actually looked at it properly once i got the months wrong lol:)

EmmaRose
04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Not that contest Emerald, this one was over a while ago, to win a rolling mill for registering. This is 20 "Mystery" prizes for posting....

Emerald
04-09-2009, 12:12 PM
oh sorry gettin confused now but hey thats not difficult:'(

EmmaRose
04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
oh sorry gettin confused now but hey thats not difficult:'(

I know what you mean ;)
Em

Emerald
31-10-2009, 03:06 PM
last day today !

Solunar Silver Studio
31-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Terms & conditions
1. No purchases necessary. Forum members are entered automatically by posting comments. Entries go to the Marketing Department, Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ. Closing date for the draw will be 31.10.2009. [COLOR="Red"]The draw will take place on 06.11.2009. Cookson Precious Metals Competition Secretary will make the draw.
2. The Draw is open to all Cookson Precious Metals forum members aged 18 years and over.
3. Entries are not limited to one per person, and are based on the number of comments posted.
4. There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.
5. The winner will be notified by e-mail as well as on the forum by 20.11.2009. The winner's name and County will be made available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.
6. Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the draw together with any person connected to the draw.
7. Entry into the draw is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the draw.
8. No responsibility is accepted for prize draw coupons lost, damaged or mislaid.
9. No correspondence will be entered into. The Competition Secretary's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals.

Ye Gods Jo!! Your are a bit keen on this one aren't you!!!! Slow down girl! Chill! ...You still have to wait until the 6th until they actually make the draw..and then they won't let you know until the 20th!! You had better stock up on the tranquilisers until then!!!:D

Emerald
31-10-2009, 03:33 PM
lol just posting Bee just Posting xx

Solunar Silver Studio
31-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah, yeah!!

.....Hey...good idea, Jo!!:Y: Let's get a few more in before midnight!! :pc::rofl::pc:

Emerald
31-10-2009, 03:48 PM
lol :pc: :giggle: x

lorraineflee
31-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Here's another post from me then!!

Lorraine

Emerald
31-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Aah hello Lorraine how you doing x

lorraineflee
31-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi
Home since Sunday and feeling more like my old self every day. I keep going for walkies up and down the hall to try to get the muscles working, doing my foot raising exercises too. Haven't made it to my workbench yet - and I'm not allowed to bend (which is a pain!) but, NO MORE PAIN - sorry keep shouting that!! :D
Lorraine

Emerald
31-10-2009, 04:04 PM
thats fab keep up the good work x

mizgeorge
31-10-2009, 04:32 PM
And then a whole week to wait :(

Boo
31-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm still not sure that I entirely get what's required of me to enter - posting in specific threads or posting generally - and do you get one potential entry for each post made? I shan't worry about it, I've posted plenty since I joined, that will just have to do.

As each post is numbered, I wonder if they're just going to draw out 20 post numbers and the prize will go to the person who made that post? I think that's how I'd do it, if I were running it.

Glad you're still feeling good Lorraine - the mobility etc. will come with time - it's major surgery, you need to give yourself time to bounce back.

Solunar Silver Studio
31-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes - it's great to hear you are getting better each day now, Lorraine! What a difference a couple of weeks makes ay?

I don't think anyone really knows what this 'thing' was all about, Boo ... it was always a bit vague but it was a good idea to get the forum up and running! I think Jo was the only one keeping tabs on it!!:-D

Boo
31-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I vaguely thought about it the other day when I was looking for something and saw a leaflet from Cookies when they had the chance to win a rolling mill and did wonder then if the deadline for this one had yet passed etc. I figured as no one had posted about winning anything yet, it was unlikely.

Solunar Silver Studio
31-10-2009, 05:13 PM
:-D. Jo's been acting as sentinel since August!! She was not going to let them forget....were you, Jo?!!! :D ;)

Di Sandland
31-10-2009, 05:16 PM
just in case it has to be in this thread

:0to+:

lesley
31-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Ooooo, good thinking, Di.

Petal
31-10-2009, 05:50 PM
:0to+: Me too, then - I could certainly do with some mystery prizes.

Its good to hear that you are feeling better Lorraine and also that you are not in any more pain. That makes a huge difference to your day, doesn't it!

xx

bustagasket
31-10-2009, 06:15 PM
:(
:0to+: Me too, then - I could certainly do with some mystery prizes.

Its good to hear that you are feeling better Lorraine and also that you are not in any more pain. That makes a huge difference to your day, doesn't it!

xx

Is this the cmpetition that i was told by a certain member that must be posting heaps for, cos i think it must be, but from hwhat you have said as far as i can see a bloody post count has nothing to do with it.?:-() Mind you i dont think she comes on here anyway, but it was mentioned several times and just added to my complexes

lesley
31-10-2009, 06:19 PM
For a change I'm going to try and think luck positive thoughts.

No, it's not working. :(

Emerald
31-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes - it's great to hear you are getting better each day now, Lorraine! What a difference a couple of weeks makes ay?

I don't think anyone really knows what this 'thing' was all about, Boo ... it was always a bit vague but it was a good idea to get the forum up and running! I think Jo was the only one keeping tabs on it!!:-D

it was the only reason i joined promise of cookie prizes lol

mizgeorge
31-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Su' I'm not sure what you mean, but in the announcement it says:

"3. Entries are not limited to one per person, and are based on the number of comments posted. "

Which always struck me as slightly odd.

I guess all will be revealed in a week or so.

Emerald
31-10-2009, 07:35 PM
this was the competition that showed all your aviators, cor blimey what a scary lot if it hadent been for the prizes i would never have joined with that bunch of halloween horrors lol xx

bustagasket
31-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Su' I'm not sure what you mean, but in the announcement it says:

Which always struck me as slightly odd.

I guess all will be revealed in a week or so.

I dunno hun, i was never quite sure which post she was on about, but i dont think up til today i have posted more than once on here anyway, so i dunno, i read that as posts on THIS thread that count no overall posts.

I just dont know what to think anymore, one minute i relax on here and the next i am on egg shells again :(

If anyone thinks that all my posts however many they are - i dont actualy keep an eye on it, have all been made to get more chances on this competition then i will bow out of it, and the forum. I just cant take it.

Di Sandland
31-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Su, excuse me, but that is a load of twaddle. The person has gone. Forget it, there's no need to walk on eggshells anymore.

mizgeorge
31-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Su, excuse me, but that is a load of twaddle. The person has gone. Forget it, there's no need to walk on eggshells anymore.

seconded Su!

Petal
31-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Thirded Su ! :X You're doing just fine and have a big [[]] from me too!

xx

Emerald
01-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Oh and i was only Joking Su i dident mean to cause upset sorry xx

Ominicci
01-11-2009, 10:32 AM
I read it as ANY posts on the FORUM counted...

Ominicci
01-11-2009, 10:35 AM
But NOT necessarily that it was the person with the most posts though... (even though Su does deserve a prize for keeping us all entertained as we go along :flowers: :giggle:

Solunar Silver Studio
01-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Well - my take on it is that there has been 20,420 posts made so far...so a bit less at midnight last night. Each post is included....so the more posts you have done the better the odds of winning something. One post and you have a 1 in 20,000ish chance of winning 1,000 posts and it goes down to 1 in 20... But as with all these sort of draws....every post has an equal chance of being selected with each draw - so in fact - a person who has only posted 20 times could - theoretically - win all 20 prizes on offer!! Alternatively a person who has thousands of posts could be passed over each time and come away with nothing!!

Make sure you all wear your 'lucky undies' on the 6th!!!:"> :-D

mizgeorge
11-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Did this happen?

Solunar Silver Studio
11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
I guess so. The draw took place on the 6th - and they have given themselves a fortnight to have a whip round, empty their pockets of loose change and have a feel around in the fluff at the back of the sofa cushions to get enough together to fund the prizes!!:-D

1. No purchases necessary. Forum members are entered automatically by posting comments. Entries go to the Marketing Department, Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ. Closing date for the draw will be 31.10.2009. The draw will take place on 06.11.2009. Cookson Precious Metals Competition Secretary will make the draw.

bustagasket
11-11-2009, 01:43 PM
I guess so. The draw took place on the 6th - and they have given themselves a fortnight to have a whip round, empty their pockets of loose change and have a feel around in the fluff at the back of the sofa cushions to get enough together to fund the prizes!!:-D

Rofl i love the idea of the staff whip round and grovelling down the sofas lol:carolers:

lorraineflee
11-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Since I didn't win the 90 million (or even a share of it) I'd really like to win this one - Pleeeeeease!

Lorraine

AlexandraBuckle
11-11-2009, 03:16 PM
oooh I'd completely forgotton about this :)
*keeping fingers crossed*