At Cookson we make selling your scrap as easy as possible, with a dedicated scrap expert guiding you through the process.
Materials you can send to us
We accept jewellery, dental and industrial scrap - just some of the materials we accept include:
- Jewellery Scrap
- Unwanted / damaged jewellery & watch parts
- Clean scrap
- Assayed bar
- Bench Lemels
- Sweepings (polishing, emery floor sweeps)
- Carpets & Floorings
- Vacuum bags
- Hand wash tank waste
- Dental materials
- Industrial materials
Returning your scrap to Cookson
Returning your scrap to Cookson is simple :
Visit our Counters in London or Birmingham
You can bring in your scrap metal directly into London- Hatton Garden trade counter or Birmingham- Jewellery Quarter trade counter. We can then answer any questions you might have on your metal items, value the scrap and pay cash direct over the counter.
We now follow The Gold Standard code of conduct so if you bring in your scrap metal to either one of trade counters you will be asked to provide the following verification details:
- Name and Address
- Photographic ID e.g. Passport, Driving License, ID Cards
- Sign a disclaimer to say that you are the owner or have the permission of the owner to partake in the transaction and that you consent to having your personal details stored on file for a minimum period of 3 months.
We will then make a formal copy of the transaction and photocopy or photograph the items as part of the transaction and maintain our records accordingly.
The transaction and photographic records will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 for a minimum of three months and we will produce these if requested to the police.
Click here to learn more about The Gold Standard
59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ, Tel 0845 100 11 22
Open: Mon-Thursday 9am to 4:30pm
View Larger Map
49 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8YS - Tel 0845 100 11 22
Open: Monday-Friday 9am to 4:30pm
Nearest Tube Station: Farringdon
View Larger Map
Simply post your scrap (we recommend you use special delivery) to your local Cookson Branch in Birmingham or London, who will then process your scrap, and contact you with the value.
Large Scrap Collections
For larger scrap collections simply call to arrange a on-site visit from one of our representatives.
We aim to turn around jobs as quickly as possible, our aim is to process:
- Counter returns: Same day - whilst you wait !
- Clean and hallmarked scrap jobs: Same or next day
- Bench lemel: 5 working days
- Assayed bars: 1 working day
- Sweeps: 10 working days.
- Dental scrap: 5 working days
- Industrial material: 5 working days.
Our settlement terms
Our settlement terms couldn't be simpler. There are a number of options available to meet your individual requirements:
- Cash or Cheque
- Credit the precious metal contents directly into your metal account
- Financial account (so payment made to your monthly credit account)
- Bank transfer