Narrow Your Search
- Golden Ticket Sale New!
- Shop Home
- Arts and Crafts
- Base Metal
- Beads New!
- Boxes and Packaging
- Cast Rings
- Charm Beads
- Crystal Clay
- Display and Sundries
- Ecosilver New!
- FIMO Polymer Clay
- Finished Chain
- Finished Jewellery
- Gold and Silver Bars
- Grain and Casting Pieces
- Jewellery Making Kits
- Loose Chain
- Napkin Rings
- Precious Metal Clay
- Reflections Silver
- Stamped Signet Ring Blanks
- Strip Bezel and Gallery
- Jewellery Tools
- Swarovski Crystal Beads
- Unfinished Bangles
- Wedding Ring Blanks
- A-Z Products
- Quick Shop
- 1. Easy Silver Solder Strip, 3.0mm X 0.50mm, 600mm Lengths, Weight Per Strip 9g
- 2. Sterling Silver Round Wire 0.50mm
- 3. Sterling Silver Sheet 1.50mm Fully Annealed Soft
- 4. Extra Easy Silver Solder Strip, 2.0mm X 0.45mm, 600mm Lengths, Weight Per Strip 5g
- 5. Sterling Silver Square Wire 1.00mm Fully Annealed
- 6. 9ct DF Yellow Round Wire 1.00mm Diameter
- 7. Sterling Silver Grain
- 8. 3" Adjustable Saw Frame
- 9. Starter Soldering Kit, Un 2837
- 10. Sterling Silver Navette Trace, Loose
Why Shop With Us?
Find us on Facebook
- Thank you for such amazing service. I ordered my beads yesterday and they arrived this morning, beautifully and professionally packaged and presented. I am so impressed with the speed and quality of your goods and services, that I would not hesitate to recommend you. A breath of fresh air!
- Top rate customer service team are always happy to advise on products. Fast, efficient deliveries with a website which is easy to negotiate and secure payment. Oh and lastly..... Fantastic range of supplies for making jewellery.
- I was recommended by a friend to try out Cookson gold, and so I did and what a great find it is too. I've now ordered twice in the space of three weeks, the items were even better than on the website. The delivery is exceptional, the packaging is more than adequate. Thank you Cookson gold, I am never going to buy from anywhere else!!
- Add your testimonial here
The Dangerous Substances and Preparations (Nickel) (Safety) Regulations 2005
The EU Commission Regulation (EC) No 552/2009 amending Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 on REACH as regards Annex XV11, entry 27 for nickel compliance been adopted into UK legislation and is fully enforceable from 1st March 2013 and requires all materials sold to pass the requirements of the nickel release test detailed in BS EN1811:2011.
BS EN1811 has was revised in 2011 and reissued as BS EN1811:2011 and has significantly changed the acceptance criteria for articles to be classified as Nickel compliant.
The revised standard requires that all articles produced for sale in the EU comply with the nickel release requirement. Articles produced for sale outside the EU area are not covered by this regulation but may be subject to other local controls. From 1st March 2013 Cookson Precious Metals Ltd will no longer be able to supply non compliant materials to be used to produce articles for sale in the EU.
Cookson Precious Metals have tested their range of alloys and have withdrawn all 9ct, 10ct and 14ct nickel containing alloys from our standard product range along with all nickel containing post assembly products in 18ct white.
Cookson Precious Metals will continue to offer the concessionary 18ct solders, EWG, MWG and HWG for use in the manufacture of articles, however responsibility for the nickel compliance of the finished article remains with the article designer.
With the exception of the 18ct concessionary solders identified above all products supplied by Cookson Precious Metals are classed as compliant against the requirements of BS EN1811:2011
12th February 2013