Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jewellery making newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Utter gibberish
    Following a recent European directive, Gibberish has been declared a World Heritage Language. As such it is to be accorded the utmost respect, along with its country of origin, the Peoples Republic of Gibber.

In the light of that, perhaps George should have said: Pure Gibberish. Dennis.

However, it is fair to say that the poster already did utter gibberish. Given that, George's instruction would seem superfluous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Following a recent European directive, Gibberish has been declared a World Heritage Language. As such it is to be accorded the utmost respect, along with its country of origin, the Peoples Republic of Gibber.

In the light of that, perhaps George should have said: Pure Gibberish. Dennis.
    There have been a few new members from Gibber of late Dennis. I wonder are they called Gibbers, Gibberists, can you expand on this, is there a Wiki page?

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    There have been a few new members from Gibber of late Dennis. I wonder are they called Gibbers, Gibberists, can you expand on this, is there a Wiki page?
    if there isn't, there could be? Wiki will accept any kind of gibberish, apparently

Smile First sale!

3 of my handmade pendants were sold today! YAY!

OK, so they were tumble polished…but still, what a confidence boost!

Thanks to EVERYONE who has answered my questions so far, I really appreciate your help and guidance.

Well done and may you have many more. Dennis.

Post 1st Anniversary

Thanks Dennis.

It was 1 year ago today that I took my first step into jewellery making!

Unhappy Sad!

Well, despite sending an e-mail that has gone unanswered and being assured three times (twice in person and once by phone) I have still not received any money for sales that took place almost 1 month ago. On top of that, two more items have gone missing from my cabinet and I haven’t received a single e-mail informing me that a sale has taken place.

So I’ve cancelled my rent payment and took everything out of my cabinet today. It leaves me leaving sad and disappointed for two reasons. One; it means that my only real option is to sell online, something I really didn’t want to have to do and two; I really believed in supporting local small business, but they have proven to be untrustworthy.

But on the bright side, at least it proves people are willing to buy what I have made.

Hi Handmadeblanks,
    I realise this is an old thread - came across it whilst searching for opinions on Artisan disc cutters! As a newbie who is also from a technical background and not naturally creative I was wondering how you've found things now you're over a year down the line from starting your jewellery making ventures? Would be really interested to hear your perspective, especially with regard to the creative side of things?
    Tess

Quote Originally Posted by TDA20 View Post
    Hi Handmadeblanks,
    I realise this is an old thread - came across it whilst searching for opinions on Artisan disc cutters! As a newbie who is also from a technical background and not naturally creative I was wondering how you've found things now you're over a year down the line from starting your jewellery making ventures? Would be really interested to hear your perspective, especially with regard to the creative side of things?
    Tess
    Hi Tess,

Much to my delight I found that a bit of ingenuity and the right tools can produce beautiful pieces of jewellery that people will actually buy! I sold a few items in a local emporium and have made a few sales on eBay, all with positive feedback

I don't think that my lack of creativity is an issue at all. I have so many ideas that I would still like to try, some I can make with the tools I already have while others would require new tools.