Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oval earrings hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Marz View Post
    So that's definitely the best sizes for hook making . I don't want my jewelry to look too "economical" ,actually for my first hooks I used 0.8 wire, but my first impression was, that this wire was too tick... Now I'm at peace . About the argentium wire - that's so interesting Snorkmaiden -I have to find out more about processing this wire, in description in Cooksongold shop, this kind of silver is " stronger, brighter, whiter and more versatile than traditional Sterling Silver" so it's worth a try .
    It won't cost much to buy a little bit of argentium 0.8mm wire and have a play. You might even manage to harden those long marquis style hooks enough with 0.8mm. I haven't found 0.9mm argentium though. It also balls really evenly if you want to make those sort of hooks.

Place on clean baking tray in the middle of the oven and cook for 3 hours at 220oC. Or hotter for a shorter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkmaiden View Post
    Place on clean baking tray in the middle of the oven and cook for 3 hours at 220oC. Or hotter for a shorter time.
    - that's sounds like a huge piece of cake to cook , I'm not to good in the kitchen but I will try with this little piece of wire, hope not to burn anything... Thank you for advice and the idea .