Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supportive Families....

Default Supportive Families....

My husband has just referred to me as a "tuppenny ha'penny hammer thumperer". He knows me so well.

Ah Boo! Don't you just love 'em!!

I'm sure he really bursts with pride when he sees what you can do....the little sweeties!! ...they are just so good at telling you, aren't they?? Go give him a hug!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    My husband has just referred to me as a "tuppenny ha'penny hammer thumperer". He knows me so well.
    yeah well mine has raised the question of me going out and getting a real job not lovin him at all at the mo just spent the last 10 years raising three kids the last just started school give me a break

Ouch!...nasty! Try suggesting that you will get a real job if he takes over all the child taming for the next 10 years. Remind him the best years are yet to come...teen-age tantrums...broken romances...GCSE Maths homework...Haha!! And you though mucky nappies and snotty noses were hard work! And I'm sure you would love to sit back of an evening and watch how he copes!! And of course you would divvy up all the housework too....

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Ouch!...nasty! Try suggesting that you will get a real job if he takes over all the child taming for the next 10 years. Remind him the best years are yet to come...teen-age tantrums...broken romances...GCSE Maths homework...Haha!! And you though mucky nappies and snotty noses were hard work! And I'm sure you would love to sit back of an evening and watch how he copes!! And of course you would divvy up all the housework too....

mmm cant wait for those days, (teenage). I would happily go out to work if i new there was someone here to look after the kids after school but i dont have any back up and paying childminders etc well you might aswell have just not bothered and himself works till 7-8 most nights as it is and weekends so everything is down to me. I was working last night while he watched the racing on the computer and when he took himself off to bed there was still all the clearing up in the kitchen

oh gosh sorry i could go on for hours and i am totally i have not woken in the best of moods x

yeah i apparently dont work (even tho i go to the arage three days a week to do all his sodding books and paperwork) and the rest of the time i just "play" at jewellery or crafting. (Housework doesnt count lol) Dont get me wrong hes a very hard worker, and has made sure i have had a secure roof over my head for 26 years, but i could so slap him when he says "have you been playing"
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Yep, I think a job swap is definitely in order.

I hasten to add that my husband's name for me was entirely affectionate. He's my single biggest supporter and totally behind what I do.

In fact, when times have been difficult (he lost his job in April without being paid, but he was soon working again, but it still sets you back a great deal) and I've suggested that I should get a proper job, he's the one that talks me out of it.

He was very ill 3½ years ago (I very nearly lost him) and our world changed forever and I now do many things that he used to, as keeping a job down and giving it the effort it needs, is about as much as he can manage - so me being at home to soak up everything he doesn't need to be troubled by is actually vitally important. He perhaps couldn't keep such a demanding job at all if I worked too. So we see ourselves as a complimentary team - striking the right balance between us is very important and me working from home (I do various things, jewellery is only one) fits in with a combined plan. Earlier it was to support our son, now it's to support him.

Sounds like you and I picked a couple of the rare good guys then Boo! Strange as it seems...I think facing really awful times together makes you really work out the important things in life and how valuable you are to each other....then other things just seem to fall into place. My hubby has been so supportive - theoretically!! He hasn't got the slightest clue about what I am up to and hasn't an artistic cell in his body - so he is not too good in the quality control or feedback line - but I know he would if he could...as it is he just looks puzzled!!

Mine's a goodun as well! He wasn't years ago but the trials of life together with my illness has forged a very strong bond. Yeah, I get pee'd off with him from time-to-time and vice versa but I am able to say something I never thought I would be able to - I am a happily married woman. It only took 25 years LOL.

When I had to give up my work I went through a bit of a rough patch. I had worked all my life and now I felt surplus to requirements. My pride wouldn't let me drain the benefits system and so I had to find a new way of earning an income. My OH has been supportive throughout all of that and now my various home businesses will bring in enough to allow him to retire in December (he has worked past the age of 65 just to keep us afloat).

Sorry - got all emotional there
    Di x

oh dear sounds like have painted rather a bad picture of him (but he can be an arse) he is not as bad as all that and he works so very hard and i myself sometimes think i should be out working aswell but i no that with the hours he does i wouldent be able to function properly and the kids would suffer terribly, my mum died of cancer 10 years ago and i still miss her terribley and if she was still alive i no my life and my kds would be very different, i seem to have got out the wrong side of the bed today might just crawl back into it lol x