Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    It has nothing to do with them being made in the UK - if they're sold in the UK then the law is clear. She should also have displayed the Hallmarking Council poster.
    And then there are the oddities such as Pandora whose jewellery to the best of my knowledge bears none of the marks displayed on the Hallmarking Council Poster.
    Not even the international convention marks agreed at the Vienna Convention. Indeed it was a mystery even to the staff at my local Pandora store as to where their work was marked.
    As far as I can make out after some hard Googling their goods are manufactured in Thailand (I think) and assayed in Holland by EdelMetaal Waarbourg Nederland BV. I believe Dutch hallmarking laws allow for them to mark just S925 ALE (Algot Enevoldson the father of the founder) for their silver jewellery.
    I'm curious though as to whether their own stores are required to display the notice??

Confusing innit!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    And then there are the oddities such as Pandora whose jewellery to the best of my knowledge bears none of the marks displayed on the Hallmarking Council Poster.
    Not even the international convention marks agreed at the Vienna Convention. Indeed it was a mystery even to the staff at my local Pandora store as to where their work was marked.
    As far as I can make out after some hard Googling their goods are manufactured in Thailand (I think) and assayed in Holland by EdelMetaal Waarbourg Nederland BV. I believe Dutch hallmarking laws allow for them to mark just S925 ALE (Algot Enevoldson the father of the founder) for their silver jewellery.
    I'm curious though as to whether their own stores are required to display the notice??

Confusing innit!
    Tim
    Interesting point about Pandora "other jewellery brands are available".. 😆

European law dictates that any goods meeting legislation can be freely traded.. So as long as Pandora products are stamped in Europe technically they can be sold here.. So although London Birmingham Sheffield and Edinburgh state all items must be assayed "here" I think that is somewhat misleading..

There is also the discrepancy of those offices shipping work to India where labour is cheap..

I'm also in a quandary about registering.. Just because the minimum quantity charges seem to make assaying ridiculously unaffordable if you cannot make and hold sufficient stock..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk