Thread: Emerald cut emerald halo split shank Pavé ring

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Emerald cut emerald halo split shank Pavé ring

I designed the ring in CAD, Its for a friend, I did a heart feature in the split shank that you can only see when you hold the ring at the right angle ,which I was proud of lol. Then I Wax printed model ready for casting.The sprues were included in the print its important to get them correct so the metal flows correctly and you get a nice cast.

I cast in silver first to have some models to practice my setting on so I could work out what size stones and burrs I need, Im still new to setting so it all helps

Once I was confident enough I cast the model in gold, the main shank is white gold and the inner part and claws are yellow gold ,this is because I plan to use an emerald cut emerald as the main stone and the yellow gold makes the colour of the stone look deeper. the ring looks a bit rough but it needs cleaning up yet I have given it a file and a rough sand to remove the grow lines from the printing process. Also you can see the surface of my new bench it looks really scratched but I think its just the close up that does that, it looks ok when your sat at it !

I started to cut up the Halo up using a ball burr and a cylinder burr. this can be done in cad but it does not give the same effect as doing it manually

to be continued ..............................
    Last edited by josef1; 20-10-2016 at 01:26 AM. Reason: vision to digit error