Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ganoksin goes Pay-Per-View

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    So if you ever wrote on the Orchid forum, you are on their emailling list and are offered a free membership.
    I wish them all the best with their venture then, and hope for their sake their existing membership is long-lived, because it doesn't require great powers of divination to predict that they won't be attracting many new members under the new regime.

I was initially disappointed to read of the change, but am being cautiously optimistic after having taken advantage of the free membership offered to members of the old site. As one who is ever thirsty to learn more, I have found the Orchid archives a valuable tool. Searching the archives on the new site is much easier. My "contributions" to the old Orchid forum consisted of submission of a question or two, and the resultant replies from other members were very helpful and much appreciated. I do hope those who have been committed to sharing knowledge will migrate to the new site and that the community will prevail. As I gain more knowledge I will certainly be willing to share.

I also took advantage of the free membership offer, if anyone else has written on the Orchid site take advantage of the free offer as it won't be available for ever.

James

It was interesting to see a 50% off offer to previous subscribers, so I'd assume it's a short-term freebie.

It looks like 'browsing' the forum and resources is still free for the time being, membership only being needed to ask questions and respond in the forum