Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition September 2016 - Back to School

Thank you Susie! Charlotte can I ask what yoh use to photograph the rings? Very pleasing

Thanks Susie

I found a video tutorial on Youtube where you use crushed Jade , press in and apply epoxy then file and polish.
    I don't know if there are other ways to do it, would certainly be interested if there are.
    I wasn't that pleased with the finished result as its a bit dull despite ages spent polishing with diamond paste from 60 down to 1 although maybe that was down to the stone I used being pretty dark anyway.

Hi Unhindered,

Just wanted to say I really like your rings. I've been making a stacking ring set for myself recently also (mine are here: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...t=Pesky+bezels) - that's not an entry nice Cookson peeps . I'm definitely making more and had been uming about whether I would like faceted stones and cabs together, eventually deciding that I wouldn't, but you've completed proved me wrong cos I think yours are lovely!

Faith

PS I looked everywhere for your name, everywhere except Lydia's post right above! Sorry Charlotte

PPS And I hadn't noticed your Facebook sig... I basically have no excuse!
    Last edited by Faith; 30-09-2016 at 08:36 PM.

Ive always liked cabs with faceted stones, I feel it really sets them off and they enhance each other beautifully in Charlottes lovely ring.

Love the glow in the dark idea too Lydia!

Joellas satchel bookmark is very cool too, unusual idea and nicely done

Glow in the dark ... haha, that's funny - works beautifully with the chalcedony

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Thank you Susie! Charlotte can I ask what yoh use to photograph the rings? Very pleasing
    My iphone 6 in the garden with natural light, ive been practising over the last year trying to get the best photos of my pieces with minimum effort because im always in a rush! Im so pleased you like them

Those are gorgeous Faith! Thank you very much, I'm glad I've helped change your mind its all about trial and error, I love working out which gemstones look great together, im working on an all faceted silver set at the moment. Haha no worries about the name! I used to use unhindered for everything because I love the word but now I don't know how to or if its possible to change it on here so I'm stuck with it for now!

Thank you Charlotte , I love coming up with stone combinations too, although it usually takes me ages to decide, and I'm only just learning how to set faceted stones for the first time, so I've been struggling a bit with what I actually want to make!

The glow in the dark is great Lydia - I'd want to try and make a tiny short video of your ring, like if you had a dimmable light source, a vid of the ring sat still showing it change as the light level fell, or even a time lapse of it in a window or in the garden at sunset. Now I wish I had something glowy to try it with!

Faith

I agree its such a unique idea Lydia, very clever! I think it would be really funny not to tell people at first and see what their reaction was